eleven

°○

"hypothetically, is it normal to have a crush on someone ten years older than you?"

yura's eyes widened, not expecting the question. "what?"

shuhua breathed out. "it's- i don't- uRGHH," then she buried her face into her arms frustratedly, body shaking in irritation.

"leave her, she's confused." ten spoke from beside her, his habit of wiping glasses in action once more. he didn't seem too worried, and instead more relaxed and amused, but he did seem to know what's up with her.

"you know what's up with her?" yura asked, turning to him in curiosity.

he smirked in amusement. "she never exactly told me, but i definitely know." he remarked, entertained by the frustrated figure of the girl.

"and how do you know?"

"bitch, i have eyes everywhere." he replied then left to serve a customer, leaving her wondering if he was joking or not.

the door opened with a small ring, and yura looked up to meet eyes with the newcomer. she smiled at him. "where have you been? you haven't stopped by in a week or so."

he replied with a sheepish grin, a small shake of his head following after. "i got caught up with studying and kinda lost track of time."

she nodded. "what made you came today?" she asked, placing down a newly cleaned cup on the counter.

"jisu slapped some sense into me and i decided to take a break." he answered, still smiling when he sat down on the counter next to her.

"oh yeah, you haven't brought her here yet, i really want to meet her." yura told honestly, nodding to herself, then pointed to the girl who still had her head in her arms. "shuhua could probably use another girl friend anyway."

jun then finally took notice of the girl's presence, turning to her in curiosity. "what's up with her?" he asked, jutting a thumb at her.

yura shrugged, honestly not knowing. "i don't know, she's being weird."

the girl they were mentioning suddenly raised her head up with a groan, making both people jump back in surprise. shuhua turned to junhui, eyes widened seriously.

"gege, hypothetically speaking, is it alright to have a crush on someone ten years older?" she asked in chinese, making yura stare at her in confusion.

junhui understood, having chinese as his first language. "well if they're both legal adults, then it should be fine." he answered in chinese also.

yura pouted. "i feel left out." she mumbled to herself, then hugging herself before walking away, figuring shuhua would need some time alone to talk with him.

ten came back not long after, placing a tray on the counter as he plopped on the seat with a sigh. "some customers are tiring as hell." he spoke, getting yura's attention and curiosity.

"what's up?"

"another karen." he suddenly spoke in english, making yura stare at him blankly.

"people really need to stop flexing their multilingual skills on me." she sighed dramatically, wiping an imaginary tear.

ten chuckled, then explaining what he meant in korean. she nodded in understanding, then gave a chuckle of her own.

"there aren't many of those here though," she told, sharing some of her experiences with workplace karens also, "you know i used to work at this hotel restaurant, there are so many of those there."

ten laughed, seeing the horror in her expression as she recalled.

"oh wait, someone's asking for a refill." he told, standing up and grabbing the jug of tea from the counter.

yura sighed melodramatically. "everyone's so busy these days, right?" she asked, particularly to wonwoo, whom she noticed have been listening in their conversation.

he nodded, giving a silent dramatic sigh of his own. what a duo.

"and seeing literally my whole group of friends having more than one language in their vocabulary," a sigh, "such a pain," she told breathily.

wonwoo nodded, agreeing.

"you only speak one language, right?" she asked.

he nodded once again, replying to her question.

she grinned at him, high fiving. "monolingual gang," she joked, making him smile at her in amusement.

then the door opened, making their conversation stop and her hurrying towards the counter.

"hi, what can i help you-" she paused.

"can we talk?"