twenty four

°○

"you finally broke up with him, didn't you?"

she turned around, meeting the familiar widened eyes of minho's. she smiled at him assuringly, and seeing his reaction, she realized he was staring at her hair.

"now that's kind of an impulsive decision, isn't it?" he bluntly told, pointing at her hair.

after sleeping over at shuhua's for the night, before going home in the morning, she decided to make an impulsive decision to change her hair. unlike her usual brown long hair, she dyed it completely raven, and she chopped it off until it only reached her shoulder.

she bit her lip. "why? does it look bad?"

minho shook his head. "nah, it looks fine. i'm just a bit surprised." he smirked in amusement, patting her head. "did your break up make you a new person or something?"

she rolled her eyes, scoffing in annoyance. "how did you find out i broke up already?"

he snorted. "that fucker was pulling out his luggage this morning with the most pathetic look on his face. i laughed at him and he flipped me off."

she can't help but laugh at the story, imagining the unfiltered minho laughing at her ex. "was his luggage the only thing he took?" she asked.

he shrugged. "i think so, that's all i saw."

yura scoffed. "shows how many of his things were bought with my money." she mumbled in distaste, but the guard heard it and he laughed.

she went into the elevator, climbing up until her floor and entered the apartment room. surprisingly, her apartment was in mint condition. she had expected him to throw a tantrum and break a glass or two, but she figured maybe it was because he knows she could sue him for destruction of property.

she walked inside after taking her shoes off, and on the dining table, she saw a piece of paper. she opened the paper.

i'm sorry.
i really did love you though.

glaring at the paper, she crumbled it and threw it into the trash bin, feeling hollow in the pit of her stomach. "ass." she scoffed.

it was in the afternoon, and she didn't have a shift at the café today, so she decided to just stay in bed all day. she placed her bag down to the floor, taking off her indoor bunny slippers before plopping onto the unmade bed.

her sheets smelled like seonghwa.

sighing, she guessed that her rest all day plan was coming to a short end. not wanting to be reminded of him, she took off her pillow case, her blankets, and her bedsheets, and with a laundry bin, she took it to the apartment laundry.

as she waited for the sheets to fully wash and dry, she took out her phone. her wallpaper was one of her and seonghwa, so, again, she replaced it with one of her and ten instead.

she looked down at her watch, deciphering what time it is, before pausing. he bought her this watch.

in a burst of anger, she took it off and threw it onto the ground, hard. "why the fuck is everything reminding me of him?!" she groaned, glaring at the laundry machine.

the old lady in the same room at her jumped, making her apologize shamefully.

after finishing with that whole bedsheet fiasco, she returned to her room, placing the sheets on her bed once again, and finally lying down in peace.

"finally." she breathed out, burying herself in her bed and dozing off to dreamland.

.

.

¤

"hey, guys!" elkie greeted cheerfully, making the two boys turn to her.

"hey, elks," minghao greeted, smiling back at her, while jun only smiled at her in greeting.

they were in the cafeteria, only after finishing their second class of the day, and elkie was already fitting in well in campus. while she did gain a few female friends like yeeun and yujin, she was still closest with the two chinese boys, being they helped her adapt.

she huffed, sitting down. "the test was damn annoying," she cursed, frowning in complaint.

jun chuckled. "oh come on, it wasn't that hard." he said truthfully, shrugging lightly.

she pushed his shoulder jokingly, chuckling. "says you, the scholarship student." she teased, laughing.

he shrugged again in response.

"oh, by the way," minghao spoke up, as if just remembering something, "joshua invited us to a party, y'all wanna come?"

junhui looked at elkie, finding that she was already smiling, and he shrugged.

"why not?"