five

wiping glasses that are already clean was something ten does when he zones out. as the café was currently running with low amount customers occupying the space, he didn't have much else to do. he was only occasionally answering calls of some customers and bringing refills, and seeing as it was raining outside, there wasn't much hope more customers would come in.

"gege, i want a glass of iced tea, make it sweet." shuhua called in her mother tongue, more comfortable in the language. she knew that the barista could speak chinese, so she figured doing so rather than struggling with her words in korean.

he looked at her with a rather astonished look. "no coffee for today? shocking."

she chuckled, shaking her head. "i had a bit of caffeine rush yesterday and that may be a sign i should take a break from coffee once in a while." she explained, remembering her malfunction while doing a project in her university's library.

"i told you to stop before you drop. now you dropped and you finally listened." he rolled his eyes while preparing the drink she ordered.

shuhua huffed. "hey, be proud of me."

ten sighed, sliding the tall glass of tea onto her side of the counter, watching as she sipped the drink slowly.

"what the- it's good." she told, actually surprised because she isn't much of a tea drinker.

he chuckled, smiling in amusement. "i used breakfast instead of green tea because it's more refreshing and not as dull." he explained.

she nodded, grinning wide at him. "thanks!" she exclaimed before going back and burying her head in her notebook, doing god knows what assignment.

"why don't you do your work at home?" he asked, wondering curiously.

"mom is out of town for a business trip. she's out for a week and it gets lonely and scary when i'm alone at home."

shuhua was a big momma's girl. ever since her parents divorced and she was forced to live with only her mom, being attention hungry as she is, she clung onto her mom like the world. and well the two grew closer and she tells her mom everything.

a bit after their conversation, the bell above the café door dinged, signalling a new customer. the blond guy walked up to the counter, lightly shivering as his head was drenched in rain and sweat.

"why the heck didn't you use an umbrella?" ten asked, his eyes furrowed at the guy's tired face.

jae raised his arms in defense. "it started raining after i started walking here! i left my umbrella in the office." walking up to order, he ruffled shuhua's hair in a teasing manner.

the girl rose her head in annoyance. "your hand is wet, i just got my hair done today!"

"sucks to be you, little dongsaeng." he teased, turning up to look at the menu. after a moment of thought, he sighed and plopped onto the seat next to hers. "you know what, chits, make me whatever, i'm hungry and exhausted."

ten nodded, turning around. "wonwoo, one panini bread for jae." he called out to the kitchen behind him, seeing the chef nod his head in confirmation.

"what the fuck is that?" jae proclaimed, a disgusted look on his face when he saw the papers in front of shuhua. "are you building an airplane or something? jesus."

she rolled her eyes. "it's interest rates."

"i thought you were a business student? what the fuck math gon do with it?" he asked dumbly, glaring at the equations that give him war flashbacks.

shuhua sighed. "no wonder you dropped outta college." she was met with a slap on the back of her head. "ow! the fuck, jae?"

"don't insult your shepherd like that," he furrowed his eyes at her, "and it's oppa, jae oppa."

"shepherd? what the hell?! am i your little sheep of something?" she questioned with a baffled look on her face.

jae burst out laughing. "now that you mention it, you do kinda look like a sheep." he spoke, pinching her cheeks mockingly.

shuhua glared at him, but her face rose in red, suddenly flustered. "shut up."

as the older boy continued to tease her red face, ten only sighed. it wasn't unusual for the two to bicker like so, it was the daily for him to listen to them. whenever shuhua visits at the same time as jae, it almost always ends up in a situation like this.

behind him, he heard a small ding. "food's ready?" ten asked, turning to the chef.

wonwoo nodded, face blank as he slid the plate onto the outside counter. the chef never talked, barely. the only time ten got to hear his voice was when he was mourning for the loss of his creation- the bacon muffin, that he accidentally dropped on the floor.

"jae, shut up for once. here's your food, you old man." ten rolled his eyes, placing the plate in front of him.

"hey, i'm only three years older than you!"