sixteen

●•

"why don't you guys serve whiskey or any alcohol here?"

jeno looked up from the counter, seeing it was the familiar girl. she had a sullen look on her face, similar to the one she wore when they first met. "yura, this is a convenience store." he reminded gently.

"wouldn't hurt to ask." she scoffed, frustration in her expression. "a pack of esse."

as usual, she plopped herself on the metal bench outside the store, lighting the cigarette to take a few hits. she stared at the floor, glaring harshly, and the tears in her eyes still haven't stopped it seems.

although the mascara on her cheeks have dried, she was far from already okay.

the sound of the store door opening made her know that jeno was approaching her, but she didn't give a care and continued glaring at the ground. poor ground, it did nothing wrong.

"no beer?" she asked, eyes still glued on the ground but still managing to know the fact somehow.

he shrugged. "not feeling it tonight." he admitted, leaning back carelessly. "what's up?"

she sighed, rolling her eyes. "you were right." she mumbled, a bit upset. "he did cheat."

jeno nodded, not giving any reaction. he didn't want to be one who says 'i told you so' in these situations, that would be an asshole move, so he stayed quiet.

"what should i do?"

her sobs of pain made him flinch a bit, not expecting for her to actually be this vulnerable in front of him. this was different from before, she was angry and disappointed, but this time, she was absolutely vulnerable, she was breaking down.

"what should i do?" she whispered, her voice cracking. her heart felt like it was burning, her chest tightening at every breath, and her breaths cut short.

he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "fuck him."

she snapped her gaze at him. "are you kidding me?"

his eyes widened slightly. "bitch, not in that sense." he told, glaring at her lightly. "i meant screw him- ah you get what i mean."

she stayed quiet, eyes still on him curiously.

"break him." jeno said, surprising her a bit. "get revenge."

"how?"

he smirked. "shower him with love. give him everything he wants, give him affection, attention, and everything a guy desires. show him what you have and what you have to give."

"if he really did love you, he'll go through a phase of endless guilt. it'll eat him up and break him down, and by that, seeing him broken over you, the relationship between him and the one he's with will strain."

"then you dump him." he finished, the smirk on his face mischievous. "simple."

yura sighed. "easier said than done." she can't help but snap at him, glaring weakly as she didn't have the proper energy.

"i'll help you."

she turned to him, eyes widening. "really?"

he chuckled, shrugging. "why not?"

yura looked at the ground, staying quiet as she didn't know how to respond to that. he stayed quiet also, not knowing how to further the conversation.

she took a hit from the cigarette. "is it bad that i still love him?"

jeno shook his head. "no, that's human."

she stared at him, nodding in understanding. "okay."