Chapter One: The Arrivals

The Witch's Stone: It's A Freaky New Moon

Chapter one: The Arrivals

Aro sat at his throne at the end of a hard day; pinching his nose; thinking to himself. Why were young vampires so thick? Exposing themselves to humans because they refuse to stay in the shadows in the day was such a waste of potential talent.

Aro was tired of the monotony, life was so boring, and it seemed to have lost its flavor. Anything would be welcome opposed to this, day in and day out. He turned to his head to look at Caius and then Marcus. His bothers were beside him as still as statues in their seats looking lifeless as ever.

Suddenly, the double doors open slowly and entered the secretary, Gianna. She timidly approached the three kings. In her hand was a box and when she came to a stop in front of Aro, she bowed, lifting the small package up at him.

"Master Aro, a package just arrived for you,'' she said in a soft respectful voice.

Gianna trembled as she handed Aro the box. Aro eyed the small cardboard with interest. A mystery box how exciting. I love a good mystery. He took the box and waved the secretary away to dismiss her. Gianna turned looking relieved and made her way out, the sound of her heals clicked on the polished stone floor of the great hall as she retreated. Aro stood and tucked the box under his arm.

"Let's adjourn for today brothers," Aro announced and made his way to the double doors leading to the royal wings. His bothers joined him as he walked.

"Well, Aro what's this box that has arrived for you?" Caius asked pointing at the package, narrowing his eyes with suspicion.

Aro was always getting some type of bribery from a coven that wished to join from time to time. He smiled to his intense brother by his side. "Well, I'm not really sure," he paused as he looked down at the package, "perhaps it is a new jewel or a book. I'm so fascinated dear brother." Aro patted the parcel under his arm happily. "Are you two going to come to my office to open it with me?" He asked, smiling at their obvious curiosity.

Marcus sighed and nodded then turned to Caius as he smirked and added. "I am only curious to know if it will harm you, and unmarked boxes are very suspicious."

Aro laughed. "Oh Caius, ever the pessimist."

Caius frowned. Aro always had a way to wipe the smirk off his face. He was so irritatingly happy, and Caius hoped that he was more careful. He was too damn curious for his own good.

Aro pushed open his mahogany door leading to his study. Dodging his table full of books and scrolls, he floated over to his desk. Sitting on his cozy leather chair he faced his brothers as they took the couch in front of him. Marcus turned his head towards the sound of Aro ripping into the box with anticipation. Caius on the other hand glared at the box as if it contained something nasty inside. Soon Aro gasped and reached into the box and produced the gift. Aro examined it closely turning the polished stone in his palm.

"Oh, it's an ancient rune stone! See its markings." Aro exclaimed, he loved artifacts.

"What's the rune mean, Aro?" Marcus pointed at Aro's open palm.

The master vampire squinted at the symbol. "It's a soul rune stone, if I remember correctly Marcus."

Marcus nods and, leans back on the couch satisfied.

"Well, Aro who is it from?" Caius asked impatiently.

Aro looked in the box farther but shook his head. "No note, the box is empty." He turned it in his palm admiringly. "I think I will display it in the artifact case. It's beautiful!" He placed it down on the desk. "First I will research runes, I haven't read about them in a long time."