Chapter Eight: Let The Punishment Fit The Crime

Chapter Eight: Let the Punishment Fit the Crime,

Aro came out of the bathroom fully dressed and holding his stomach. Bella's brow creased in worry.

"Are you alright?" Bella asked looking into his eyes.

Aro shook his head and looked down at his belly as it made a growing sound.

Bella clasped her hand over her mouth when she realized his problem.

"Oh Aro, I forgot! You haven't eaten since I've been on the plane to Italy! Let's go to the kitchen and get you something."

As Aro followed Bella out of the room he sighed and thought. Aro Volturi, subject to yet another human need.

They made their way down the corridor to the kitchen with Reneta joining them, following close behind. They had a kitchen fully stocked for the human workers which Bella was pleasantly surprised.

"Bella, please sit down, I'll have it ready in a jiffy." Bella said cheerfully.

Aro obeyed and sat at the table watching Bella astonished as she zoomed about the kitchen in search of everthing he needed for his meal. She seemed to know just where everything was kept. Bella found dishes and pulled out the milk and juice from the fridge. She found bread and butter in the bread box and made him toast. She reached up into the cabinet and pulled down two boxes. She really knew her way around a kitchen.

Bella held the boxes up to give him a choice. "Lucky charms or Coco puffs?"

Aro squinted at the boxes. One had an insanely happy leprechaun on it and the other had a ridiculous looking bird. Aro sighed when unsure which to choose.

"The silly bird one, I guess." Aro decided.

Bells chuckled as she finished making the food. She prepared the cereal and then took a knife a buttered the toast. Finally, she reached for a glass and poured him some juice. Bella gathered it all on a tray and set it in front of Aro.

Aro eyed the meal unsure how to start. He smelled the toast, picked it up and downed it quickly. He then tried the cereal and was pleased he liked it very much, it had a flavor he was not familiar with.

"Um not bad, what is the flavor.?"

Bella smiled. "Chocolate, do you like it?"

He nodded. Bella sat across at the table, happily watching him eat. She was satisfied that he was getting what he needed. Aro paused and looked up at Bella.

"Did you mean what you said back there when you were talking to Caius?"

Bella tilted her head in confusion.

"Mean what?"

Aro swallowed his bite of cereal and pointed his spoon at her. "That I'm yours."

Bella grinned and didn't miss a beat. "I had to protect you, and you know how Caius can be."

Aro swallowed. "Was it all an act then?" He smiled knowingly. "You perform wonderfully especially earlier."

Bella shrugged. "You know you enjoyed my attention to you; it was obvious."

Aro sat back and sip the juice and grinned. You know, I also know you did as well, when you were healing me. Your purring was particularly loud."

Bella would have blushed if she had still been human. Reneta looked uncomfortable listening in on their conversation. She shifted in her stance, trying to look everywhere but at them.

Bella frowned. Oh, he's not going to get me to admit anything, the sneaky devil. She thought.

"So, you were moaning so loud, I'm surprised you can hear me at all!"