Chapter 16: The Blood and Sulpicia

Chapter seventeen: The blood and Sulpicia,

With Caius in the loop, Bella and Aro felt more at ease because it is better to have him on their side than not. Though, he surprised everyone by delighting himself in taking charge of the baby room plans. He made it his secret personal project. First, he selected the room closest to Aro's room. It was spacious with a great view of the countryside. He hired carpenters to make quality baby furniture. The absolute best painters were at work for him. Paint and fabric samples laid out on the table for him and Athenodora to go over, which was not an easy decision because Caius was like a vampire with OCD, poor Athenodora.

Now with the pregnancy was fully known by the whole coven, everyone was exited to help. Athenodora was at first upset not understanding how this could happen, but Caius reassured her everything was going to be alright. So, she warmed up to the idea and helped Aro with the maternity clothes.

Reneta, Jane, and Heidi bought catalogs on baby clothes and he looked through the ones Athenodora brought to him full of Maternity clothes as well. Aro laid against the headboard with the girls as he picked out what styles he wanted. He picked out dresses with particular amounts of tummy room to grow. It was two weeks now and it felt like and looked like three mouths pregnant. Marcus seems to believe rapid growth is supernatural due to the baby being part vampire. He searched the archives like a man possessed, trying to find out all he could about the legend. Aro was getting weaker by the day, unable to keep his food down. He stayed to his bed as Bella and the rest of the guard waited on him hand and foot.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Bella? Do you need more pillows? Demetri! Get Bella more pillows!" Heidi bellowed from the door, looking out in the hall.

Jane walked over to where Felix was lounging by the fire. "Felix, get up and get Bella some food and drink. Oh, and this time nothing greasy, we all know what happened the last time."

Felix got up, pulling a face of revulsion, how could he forget...

He had just finished helping Aro clear his bedside table of finished dishes when Aro suddenly doubled over and blew chunks all over his shoes. Felix flitted out to the kitchen, hoping that doesn't happen again.

Bella laid beside the bed on a lounge chair, reading What to Expect When You're Expecting. As Heidi approached her.

Master Aro! You need to feed; your eyes look like molasses!" Heidi nagged.

Bella looked up at Heidi, rolling her eyes at her mother hen persona and sighed as she moved to get up. Reneta flitted from Aro's bed to Bella.

"Master if you wish it, I can get you left over donor blood from the ball. That way you don't have to leave Bella." Reneta suggested most sympathetically.

Bella smiled at her thoughtfulness and nodded to her. She bowed and flitted out to complete her task.

"Bella, it says here that the nausea is common and may last up to six months typically." Bella said moving next to Aro on the bed showing him the book.

"Aro, this is not a typical pregnancy. Anyway, the data won't match up because this baby is growing faster than your average human."

Bella looked down and smiled at all the magazines spread out before Aro. Some included, Parenting, Fit pregnancy, and Italy baby.

"Anything useful in these?" Bella asked picking one up, looking through it.

Aro snorted. "Well, I just read an article about how fat I'm gong to get."

Bella chuckled, rubbing his tummy. "Awe baby, you will always be beautiful to me."

Aro glared a, you're not funny look. "Even if you blow up as big as a house!" Bella finished saying as she quickly caught him by the lips with her own. Aro pulled back and scowled at her silliness.