Chapter Five: Farewells and Adjustments

Thank you for the reviews and following. I hope you like this one.

Chapter Five: Farewells and Adjustments

Bella was the first to recover from her startle. She stood up from the couch and walked toward Caius. She noticed the look of extreme annoyance on his face and winced at what he must be thinking. Marcus was now coming in behind him, looking curiously from Bella to Aro, wondering what transpired between them.

"Aro, what is the meaning of this?" Caius said as he crossed his arms in front of Bella demanding answers.

"Bella has agreed to stay with us. She will be change on her nineteenth birthday. This will give her time to adjust and get to know us. I will make the arrangements to get her things she needs from home and from the stores to make her stay more pleasant."

Bella wasted no time and called for Felix. Felix flitted in the room in front of her. "Yes, master?"

"Felix, please go to Forks and pack all of Bella's things you think she would need and bring them here and put them in our best guest room. Before leaving, go and get a farewell note from Bella to give to her father explaining that she is now studying aboard in Italy, needing time to think, after Edward has left."

Felix nodded. "Right away Master!"

Felix flitted over to Aro and waited for him to write the letter. Aro went over to the desk to complete the task.

"Heidi, please come here!" Bella called again.

Heidi entered the room and stood before Bella and looked around curiously. "Yes, Master?"

Bella smiled and gestured in Aro's direction. "Please go to the store and get everything you think that Bella would need." Heidi nodded and flitted out.

Bella continued to speak to Caius. "We will also give Bella the opportunity to say good-bye to the Cullens and this will satisfy their curious minds."

Bella finished and Felix flitted out the door to complete his errand. Marcus had an amusing glint in his eye and nodded approvingly to her.

"All this for a pathetic human?!" Caius scoffed.

Bella crossed her arms in determination. "Oh, Caius come on now we got to give the girl some comfort. She will be here a long time."

Caius stood in front of Bella gaping and pulled a face of utter astonishment. He whirled on his heel and flitted out to the throne room. Marcus turned and followed.

Bella turned to Aro for the first time since Caius interrupted and Aro slowly approached her. His brow creased in uncertainty. Bella took his hand and walked him out.

They made their way down the great hallway. As they walked, Aro whispered so only she could hear. "I hope you know what you are doing girl, you didn't even bother to consult me on this brilliant plan of yours."

"Aro be reasonable, I didn't have a chance to."

Well, from now on we need to discuss decision making about us beforehand."

Bella chuckled. "Um, I didn't know you were such a control freak."

Aro huffed. "I am not. I just like to be informed and involved, That's all."

Bella smiled. "Anything you say."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At last they came to the double doors of the great hall throne room and entered. The Cullens were waiting patiently facing the thrones. Bella made her way up the dais with Marcus and Caius. Aro stood by the Cullens as Edward stepped to Aro and held his hand.