Chapter Nine: Lying to Caius The Witch and Aro's Wardrobe,

Bella gazed at the woman who stood before her and took in her unusual appearance. Her kinky hair poked out wildly from a disastrous attempt at pinning it up into a cockeyed bun. She wore a blue skirt that reached the floor with a sparkling multicolored scarf around her waist. Her top was a pink peasant shirt with wide sleeves that reminded Bella of wings. On her wrist were many bangles that jingled as she walked and hoop earrings large gold. On her neck was a strange red ruby star pendent. Moreover, the strangest of all was the glasses on the aged face. The style reminded Bella of an insect because the lenses were so thick her eyes appeared three times their actual size.

Demetri stood by her side. "Master Aro, here is Abigail as requested."

Bella nodded to him. "Thank you, Demetri. You may be dismissed." Demetri bowed and flitted out.

"What is she doing here, Aro?" Caius glared at the witch with mistrust.

Before Bella could answer, Abigail chimed in.

"Oh, Caius, you are always in such a snit. I am here because Aro needs my advice. Now be a good dear and send someone to get my bag."

While Caius was recovering from the boldness of the witch, Bella reached out for Marcus and heard him say...

You must give Caius a good reason for summoning her here, she mentioned advice. Perhaps about the rune stones and see her in the study.

Bella smiled at her guest and descended the stairs to take her hands.
"Abigail, thank you for responding so quickly. Your advice is so much needed about my rune stone." Bella said with a smile.

Caius huffed and turned his head toward the door. "Alec!"

Alec flitted in.

"Go get witch's bag from the car and give it to her." Caius demanded.

"This is about some stone you received, why so urgent?" Caius said narrowing his eyes at Abigail.

"Oh, it is not so much that it's urgent. As you know, I have a terribly curious mind and I like to have an expert look at the stone. Her haste is appreciated and who knows, maybe she will tell our fortunes. What do you say Caius?" Bella asked turning to him. Upon seeing his reaction, she could not help but to hold back a smile.

Caius's Face was comical. A mixture of horror and disgust. "I'd rather kiss a human. If you need me, I'll be with Athenodora." Caius flitted out.

"Well done young one." Abigail whispered and winked approvingly.

Bella looked at Marcus and he gave her an amusing grin. Just then Alec flitted in and handed Abigail her bag and flitted off again.

"Okay, let's meet in the study." Bella said leading the way as Marcus offered his arm to Abigail and they followed close behind.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marcus stopped and released Abigail when they came to the study door.

"I will go get Aro." Marcus said then flitted off.

Bella opened the door for Abigail then followed her in. Bella motioned for her to take the soft chair at the desk. Abigail sat down and folded her hands in her lap and looked up at Bella with a knowing smile.

"How did you know I was not Aro?" Bella asked mystified.

Abigail gave her another wink. "I'm a witch dearest, this magical spell does not fool a master. I see through the illusion."

Bella nodded. "I hope you can help us."

Abigail waved as she exclaimed. "I'll give it my best shot girl."