Chapter 13: Bella's Birthday Ball

Chapter Thirteen: Bella's Birthday Ball,

It's been a few weeks since the beach incident. The girls came into the throne room with Santiago carrying Aro. Aro explained to Bella, Caius and Marcus about seeing Victoria at the beach. The kings increased the security and it was as tight as a military base around the castle. They were taking no chances on Bella's and Aro's life. They both wished that they could get back to themselves soon and wondered daily could this be the day.

The castle had a guard at every entrance, and it was ordered to make it a check point. Only the Volturi can come in and out. No visits without appointment or invitation. Aro always had Jane and Alec with him. Reneta stuck to Bella's side like glue because Aro relayed to Bella the threat that Sulpicia made on her head. Heidi guarded Marcus faithfully, even stayed outside his door when he wished to be alone to think about his Didyme. Caius had Felix with him as well. The rest of the coven was all on full alert, watching each other's back. The guard would nod to each other in silent communication as they pass in the corridors, making sure the area was secure. The Masters sent out search parties for Victoria's whereabouts. All pleasure outings were suspended until farther notice. The situation was intense.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One day while Bella and Marcus were going over Volturi business, signing papers and going through monthly bills that required Bella's signature there was a knock at the door.

Reneta came in from her post guarding the door and grabbed Heidi that was standing by Marcus's side and approached the two kings. Bella and Marcus looked up from their paperwork on the desk.

"Masters, may we have a moment of your time?" Reneta asked.

"Of course, ladies, what's on your mind?" Bella waited patiently for the girls to respond.

Reneta and Heidi looked at each other as if they did not know when to start.

"Reneta, Jane and I are planning a surprise for Bella. Her birthday is coming up and we think it would mean a lot if we gave her a ball in her honor. Since it's nearing her time to be changed soon, it'll give her a chance to see the Cullens again. We plan on inviting the Denali's as well. You know she must miss them all very much." Heidi explained.

Bella smiled at such thoughtfulness and nodded to them. They instantly brightened. Bella hasn't seen her friend Alice and her family since thee fateful day of the switch. Even if she was in another form, it was so touching that the girls wanted to make her feel special and seeing her friends again was much appreciated.

"Well, then there is only one thing to do," Bella reached in her drawer for the credit card, "Make this the night of all nights that she would never forget." She said as she extended her hand to give them the card.

"Don't forget to send out official invitations so they can pass security." Marcus advised.

Reneta squealed in delight as she took the card and with Heidi she jumps up and down.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

The preparations for Bella's birthday party was underway. Keeping this a secret was a challenge since Jane and Alec had to run to the store in shifts. Aro was wondering what they were up to that had them coming and going like clockwork. Though, they were careful never to leave him alone, they evaded his questions.

Heidi and Reneta helped order decorations and they even called the members of the England coven and asked the knightly band to perform at the ball. They accepted with enthusiasm grabbing a chance to perform for their own kind. They were a great rock band and she thought that Bella would enjoy them. It's been difficult keeping the plans a secret from the rest of the coven, so no one spilled the beans. They wanted everyone to be surprised and keeping it from Caius was important because he would find some way to stop the festivities, on the account of the alert.