Chapter 21" The Awakening

Chapter 21: The Awakening,

As the next morning dawned, the sunlight creeped across the floor and fell upon the sleeping babe in Aro's arms causing him to stir from his blissful dreams. Nickolos yawned and stretched as he lifted his head to look at his father. Aro set by Bella side all night, faithfully never leaving your side. He observed that her change was almost complete, her hair had changed into a beautiful full, slightly curly mahogany with a slight touch of highlights, golds, and reds. Her body perfectly healed, curvy, refined, and sexy. Her beauty mesmerized him, she was a beautiful human before and now as a vampire, her beauty was second to none. He wondered how her newborn year would be like. When she was in his body, she had great control and he trusted her with his life. She was also good even when she hungered, he had no fear of her. He was as anxious as a kid on Christmas morning to see her, he could hardly contain himself. Aro look down as Nickolos cried suddenly, needing to have his morning bottle. Alice and Esme came in and offered to take him.

''There, there Nikki, I will get you your bottle.'' Esme soothed.

Nickolos held his arms out for Esme as she leaned down and lifted the baby in her arms. Alice stood by Aro's side and took her friends hand as she spoke.

''She's going to awake soon; I see her in my visions again. She will be magnificent, a loving mate and mother. I see happiness, I never thought possible for the Volturi coven. It seems that Bella has changed everything as her fate has altered the day you two met. This is where she belongs now Aro, with you. '' Alice finished and turned to Aro, smiling as he looked up at her, searching her face.

''Do you see Nickolos? Will he be alright? '' Aro ask concerningly.

''I see Nickolos, all grown up and happy. Only time will tell but I see a great change coming and it will bring so much needed balance to all the chaos. ''Alice explained.

Aro nodded and reflected. He knew this was already beginning. He himself could feel the effects of having his true mate by his side. He was more focused, less power hungry, free, and clear minded. All he wished for now was his family. A time to settle down and live his life and not just exist, wasting away wishing for something to bring him out of his mundane world. He will still be the King as he always was meant to be but not so power craze that made him appear cruel. It seems that when he was in Bella's body, her humanity rubbed off on him as well. Aro, even now had changes brewing in his heart for the future.

All for her love.

All for life.

All for forever with them, his family.

Aro suddenly stopped his musings as he picked up on the unmistakable slowing of Bella's heart rate and everyone froze.

''Alice, Esme, take the baby out. Bella's waking up! '' Aro ordered and they flitted out obediently.

Bella's mind...

Time was of no consequence. I float in silence. In a black sea void of no substance.

My pain of flames begins to die down and give me peace as I felt numb to all sensations.

I wait no longer; my time has come.

Light bless rays of my new dawn, shine on my face once again as I start to open my eyes.

My forever was beginning, is vastness spread out before me as I took my first steps in my newborn life.

My eternity, my love, and my son!

Back in the bedroom...

''Marcus, Caius, Carlisle!" Aro called and they immediately responded and were at his side in a moment.