Chapter Two: The Switch

Chapter Two: The Switch,

Aro and Bella walked down the long hallway together. He led her on holding her hand. Confusion set in as she moved on farther passing many art works displayed on the wall. Why was he doing this. Where was he taking me? Bella thought to herself. The strange shadows played on the walls eerily as the flames danced to and fro. This caused Bella to inch closer to the Vampire Master. Though she did not know it a grin formed on his face. She wanted his protection, that he wanted to do, and he will.

The painting just before the office caused Bella to stare in wonder. It was of the universe, so rich in color and light. Breath taking. Aro smiled as she stood for a moment and gazed delighted at the painting. He loved that she appreciated the arts.

"Come Cara, just in here." Aro held open his mahogany door for Bella, gesturing her to enter.

She turned from the painting at last to see the vast spender of his office chambers. A merry fire glowed in the hearth. Sofa and tables were set in a comfortable arrangement. A large circular table was cluttered with books and scrolls. On the coffee table a chess board was set up for the next game.

Along the wall, that was not shelves stacked with books, were cases of fine jewelry and artifacts of old. Under her feet was rich green plush carpet that complimented the dark wood nicely. Along the mantle there were carvings of ravens depicted in the branches of trees resting in the moon that gave it a gothic feel. Art of great beauty in sold gold frames graced the study on every wall. Bella followed as Aro made his way to his desk and sat in the leather chair. He motioned Bella to sit in the cushioned couch and then she looked to Aro expectantly. Aro smiled and offered Bella a cup of tea. She nodded her thanks and took care not to spill its contents.

"Now Bella, I am aware of your situation and you are here on a mercy mission to save you first love. Though Edward had abandoned you in the woods, the boy did show some remorse for what he did. Thinking you dead as a result of his lie that he does not love you he wanted to commit suicide. You are the most selfless human I have met to endure this and still care for him. In my opinion for what I saw in the throne room he does not deserve you, I am offering you immortality in place of death because dear Bella, I saw in his mind he will not change you for selfish reasons. Therefore, I have no choice but to kill you or change you myself. I would rather the latter then the former. Please stay and I will give you a great eternal life."

When Aro finished he looked at Bella for answers.

Bella held her tea in mid-air in shock. Aro wanted her? Bella felt betrayed by Edward for leaving her alone. She came all this way to save him and he still will not do the same.

Oh my God, he rather me get killed than be one of them? Bella thought in despair.

Bella lowered her eyes as she felt the sting of tears begin and she did not want Aro to see her cry. As Bella stared down at the desk she gasped. Aro observed where Bella's eyes lay.

"Oh, this is a rune stone, do you like it?" Aro said holding it up so Bella could see it better.

Bella nodded and reached out to run her fingers along its smooth surface. Aro gently ghosted his next to hers and just for one moment brushed by Bella's finger.

Out of nowhere a sudden pain came to the pair and then a flash of light across their vision engulfed them. They held their head and soon when they thought they could no longer bear it; it became fleeting and left as if it has never been.

Aro let out a moan and a sigh. The very sound had him frozen in place. He knew his voice was soft but not that soft. Unmistaken the voice coming from him was female.