Chapter Six: Discoveries and Difficulties

Chapter Six: Discoveries and Difficulties,

When Marcus and Bella return to Aro's room they were surprised to find him dozing off. He snored loudly with his head tilted against the headboard with his arms folded in his lap. Marcus stepped over to him and shook him awake. Aro stirred and opened his eyes.

"What happened?" Aro said startled.

Marcus smiled down at him. "You were asleep, Aro."

Aro sat up and rubbed his eyes and blinked up at Bella. "It's been over three millennia since I slept last. It's a little unsetting to lose consciousness."

Bella laughed. "You know as a teenager I love to sleep. I could sleep until noon if my dad would let me."

Aro smiled, yawning at her.

As he remembered Bella had to feed, he perked up searching her face. She had bright red eyes in place of the black ones from earlier.

"So, how did it go?"

"Oh, it went." Bella smiled cheerfully.

Aro looked at Marcus, eyeing him for answers.

"Our Bella is quite the huntress. She was amazing to witness. I was a proud as a father could be when she made a perfect kill tonight."

Marcus walked over to Bella and put his arm around her shoulders. Bella smiled up at him. Aro's smile faltered at the sight of their affection. He felt jealousy burn in his heart.

What! Why, am I jealous? Oh, what is happening? Aro thought to himself, unsure why he was feeling this way. Aro frowned as his feeling confused him.

Marcus saw Aro's frown and released Bella. He wondered what had caused such a strange reaction in Aro. Then he switched to bond sight and observed the new line of bond forming was getting stronger. Could it be that he was feeling something more than friendship here? He will have to see. Maybe it will grow and Aro will know what it means to be genuinely loved.

Marcus walked over and patted Aro on the shoulder. "Well, how are you getting along, did you find everything you needed?"

Aro looked up at Marcus wearily. "Yes, though I can't wait until Bella's things get here. What Heidi picked out for me to wear is not what I had in mind."

Marcus's brow furrowed in confusion. He moved from Aro's side and opened the drawer and reached in. He lifted out the lace lingerie eyeing them with trepidation. Bella gasped and Aro blushed in humiliation.

Marcus placed them back in and cleared his throat. "Indeed Aro."

Bella saw Aro yawn again. "Aro. You will need your sleep. Marcus and I will be in the study until you wake."

Aro nodded in agreement, in no mood to fight his need for sleep any longer.

"Marcus patted Aro again on the back. "Night, dear friend."

"Night, brother." Aro said yawning again.

Marcus walked out of the door leaving the two. Bella stepped in front of Aro and gave him a hug.

"Sweet dreams, Aro." Bella smiled and rubbed his back.

Aro drank in her scent of sweet lilac and smiled in her hair. She smelled wonderful as a vampire.

"Night mia cara, Bella." Aro watched as she left the room.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aro got up and went to the dresser. He opened the drawer and searched for the nightgown. As embarrassing as it was to wear such a garment, it was better than the dirty ones he was wearing. He lifted it out and hurried into the bathroom. Aro moved to the tub and turned on the taps. He needed to feel clean after such a long day. Anyway, putting on a clean garment over a dirty body seemed utter nonsense. As he waited for the taps to fill up the tub, a strange sensation and pressure developed in his lower abdomen. It became so uncomfortable, it caused him to cross his legs where he stood.