Chapter 22: Time for change and farewell

Aro and Bella flitted back to their room and Bella went to change into her clothes. She slipped onto the dress Aro picked out for her in silence as she gazed into the mirror. It was strangely surreal to look into another face. She wore Aro's for months before and she was getting used to that. Thoughts came back in a rush as she stared into her eyes.

First, the memory is of her human life, growing up as an awkward girl to the young woman flashed before her mind as she recalled her human face. She thought about Charlie and teared up with sorrow knowing that she would never see him again and her mother. Letting go was the hardest thing to do. He was a good father, he loved her and tried hard to give her everything. Mom was a good mother and she would miss her friendship. Her heart ached sorely for what she must do but as she came close to closure about her old life, being friends with the Cullen's still gave her comfort in so many ways. They were her lifeline to the past, and she held on tightly to them in consolation. Memories are precious and she would never let any of it go.

She remembered next, the time she gazes into the face of Aro as she looked into the mirror. The days she spent being him and falling in love together cause a smile to form on her lips.

Finally, a new face, the beautiful immortal face of Bella Volturi. She never imagined that her life would end up this way. She smiled at her new self and headed out to join her love and her life forever.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aro waited for her when she emerged from the bathroom and her warm thoughts. He stood by the door with his hands behind his back. Bella approached him slowly as he greeted her with his handsome smile and perfect teeth.

He tilted his head to the side as he reached out for her. He pulled her to him, cupping her face and kissing her deeply. When they broke the kiss, he took a box from behind his back and extended it out for her to take.

''Oh Aro, what is this? '' Bella asked in wonder as she took the box from his hand.

He chuckled. ''Just open and see my love. ''

Bella cracked open the jewelry case and gasped as she saw the necklace, that he gave her. It was the Volturi pendant gold with diamonds and it glittered magically in the light as it turned around. Aro moved forward and helped her put it on. He brushed her hair aside and close the clasp as it settled on its rightful place around her beautiful neck. Aro returned her to face him and touched her face much like when they first met. He ghosted his fingers along her jaw, looking lovingly into her face.

''This is your home. Your family, and you are my Queen. I love you, my Bella. ''Aro purred with his magical voice that could melt any woman's heart.

Bella reached into his hair behind his head and brought him down for another kiss and pulled away reluctantly because she was anxious to meet her son.

''I'm the happiest woman who has ever existed that you are my love and King." Bella said as she cupped his face tenderly.

''Oh, my love, you are my everything how did I get so lucky? '' Aro said as he pulled her in for another kiss.

Bella broke the kiss and pulled him along out the door. ''Fate's a funny thing, she seems to bring us together in the strangest ways. ''Aro nodded smiling. ''Come Aro, we better go see the baby before you tempt me into another lovemaking session.''

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Aro laughed and picked her up bridal style as they walked down to the study to see Nickolos. When they came upon the study at last, sweet cooling could be heard from Nickolos as he was being entertained by his family. They opened the door an Athenodora, Caius, Marcus, Jane, Heidi, Alice, Jasper, Carlisle, and Esme were waiting for them. Athena stood up from the couch cautiously with Nickolos, holding him to her chest.