Chapter 23:The Volturi wedding celebration

Chapter 23, The Volturi wedding celebration.

Flash forward several weeks...

Aro rushed around the bedroom looking everywhere for the rings. He swore he placed him on the dresser. He crawled about the floor searching every inch of the carpet. He gazed under the dresser, nothing. He looked under the bed, nothing. He looked under the tables in the chairs, still nothing. Panic started rise, as he knew it was soon time to go.

''Caius! Where are you, I need your help in here brother! '' Aro called in desperation.

Caius's footfalls echoed in the Royal wing as he entered the room. He looked very handsome dressed in his best man tux as he strode towards Aro.

''What! Didn't you place them on the dresser before I went to get ready?'' Caius said as he moved over to the dresser, only to find it ringless.

''Yes, I know you did. After I came out of the bathroom dressed for the wedding, I went to get the rings and they were not there! ''

Aro started flitting around looking under everything, throwing things about as he looked under it, causing a mess.

Caius huffed in exasperation. ''Aro, focus man! I know it's your wedding day and you're nervous, but we got to find them or were dead! ''

Just then, they heard the familiar pitter patter flit as he came into the room and Aro felt a tug on his pants. He looked down. ''Nickolos, there you are! Did auntie Dora give you the pillow?'' Aro asked.

''Yes daddy, see?'' Nickolos held up a pillow so that they could look at it. A reflection of light caught their attention has it shown up at them and Aro gasped.

''Nikki, you have the rings! '' Nickolos grinned at his daddy proudly and put his hands on his little hips. ''Of course, daddy, I am the ring bearer! Don't you know it's my job to keep the ring safe? ''

Aro laughed and scooped up the four-year-old looking Nickolos into his arms and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

''Oh, I see you are very responsible, aren't you?''

Nikki nodded proudly to his daddy. Caius chuckled and ruffled Nickolos's hair fondly.

''Hey, Uncle Caius! Watch the hair! Mommy slicked it back, so the curls don't show. I want to be handsome.'' Nickolos complained as he tried to flatten his hair down.

Aro chuckled. ''You are handsome no matter what, you little heartbreaker!''

Aro nuzzled him and kissed him again and carried him out to the throne room. Caius laughed with him as they made their way down the Hall.

''Dad!'' Nikki said complaining in embarrassment.

More laughter echoed in the Royal wing corridor....

Xxxxxxxxx

In the study...

Bella turns slowly in front of the mirror as Athena finish putting on her veil and straightened out her train.

''There you are, just gorgeous! Are you ready, Bella! '' Bella nodded and grinned at her sister.

Alice, Jane, Heidi, Rosalie, and Reneta smiled at her as she turned around. They all looked wonderful in their rose-colored bridesmaids' gowns.

''Let's get this show on the road! '' Bella said cheerfully.

There was a sudden soft knock at the door and Alice moved to open it. Carlisle came in with Esme smiling at the ladies.

''Oh, just look at you all, you're lovely! Bella, my girl, Aro would just melt on the spot the sight of you! ''Esme said as she gushed with emotion. Then she gave Bella a motherly hug.