Chapter 14: The Night Of Nights

Okay here we go the moment they both realize they love one another. This is a lemon alert so if you don't like it skip, otherwise enjoy.

Chapter Fourteen: The Night of All Nights,

Bella flitted over to Aro and picked him up bridal style.

"Are you alright?" Bella asked as she brushed his fallen curls from his eyes.

"Thank you, yes, I am now." He said snuggling against her chest.

Bella turned toward the exit and flitted to Aro's room. Halfway down the hall Marcus met them.

"What has happened?" Marcus asked in a worried tone.

Bella leaned forward and whispered. "Caius tried to change Aro. I'm taking him to safety of his room, where I can watch over him. Could you tell our guest that Bella is tired, she danced too much and needs some rest?"

Marcus nodded. "I will make sure it is done."

Bella took off for the room and open the door and went in after thanking Marcus.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"You need your rest badly. I hear your heart pounding hard." Bella said as she laid Aro down on the bed.

Bella sat next to him and help him off with his shoes. She placed them beside the bed and took off her own.

"Bella, if you didn't come and find me our fate would have been disastrous. Caius would have been your sire and he can be quite cruel. When we returned to our own bodies again, seeing you under his domineering rule would have been unbearable. It would be at least a year before you were freed. As sire he his responsible for you as newborn and no one can interfere." Aro explained in a hushed tone.

Aro reached over and took her hand and held it in his lap. Bella looked him in his eyes and rubbed his hand absent mindedly.

"That would be like torture! I felt you were in danger somehow, Aro. I just knew it and I was in a panic for you and didn't know where you had been taken. I followed your scent, when I noticed you were missing and was alarmed to smell Caius with you. I was relieved to get to you in time." Bella said.

Bella sighed after a moment of silence, she figured Aro had a lot to think about. "I just think I'm prone to this kind of life. Always in danger and stuff. It's not your fault, I do feel sorry that you are effected in that way."

Aro looked sad all the sudden and she frowned, wondering why. "Bella, I don't want to ruin your night, but I must speak with you about the information that was relayed to me this evening."

Bella nodded. "Go ahead, what ever it is, it can't be as bad as the thought of losing you tonight."

Aro tuned in his bed, facing her and searching her face for the truth of her words. Had he just imagined it, or did she just say she cared for him. Aro agonized silently over the possibilities as he imagined her his at last.

"Please believe me when I say this, I only wish to be helpful and ease your pain." Aro explained.

She nodded for him to go on.

"Well, when I was at the party this evening, Edward approached me and danced with me. While we danced, he told me that since you have come here to live, he has searched his feelings and concluded that he is not your true mate. He just couldn't take the fact that you will be changed and be like one of us. So, he has transferred his affections to Tanya Denali. He says he hopes that you will not suffer too much heart break." Aro finished rubber her hand gently.

Bella sighed again, leaned back and closed her eyes. She knew.

"I'm sorry Bella. I did not want to hurt you, forgive me. I know you loved him very much. I saw as much in his thoughts. You love a vampire; it is so rare and sweet." Aro finished and raised his eyes to look at her once more.