Chapter 12: Aro's day out

Chapter Twelve: Aro's Day Out,

A week later, Aro and Bella were reconciled and back together, content to be at each other's side again. Everything was going well about the castle and it was business as usual. One day, Aro was sitting in the window seat in the study reading a mystery novel. The sun rising in the east and it was a lovely morning with birds chirping happily outside. He had to admit he was getting used to his new existence. It had taken a while to understand what is was like to be human again, but now he was growing accustom to it. He stretched his body for it had become stiff from sitting in one place for too long. All the while happy to be in Bella's presence as she and Marcus worked tirelessly on the matters of the coven. He was consulted of course when called for it but for the lesser issues they handled them well. Which was fine for Aro, he was enjoying this kind of vacation as it were. Soon as the morning wore on the sky darkened to an overcast forming in the sky making Aro yawn despite himself.

Suddenly the door opened and in came Jane, Reneta and Heidi and moved to his side.

Bella and Marcus looked up from their paperwork and smiled. Bella noticed that Aro was getting popular with the girls lately. In several weeks he bonded with the guard making solid friendships. Bella noticed that he and Jane was the closest. Most likely it was since Jane watched over Aro daily and took care of all his needs. Heidi spent time with Aro talking of the gossip around the coven and trying to give him fashion advice. Which comically was not at all Aro's interest, being happily clothed in Bella's wardrobe. Reneta spent time with Aro through guarding Bella and she became fond of him. They chatted with him now about how his day was going causing Marcus to click his tongue and clear his throat to get the girl's attention.

"Oh, forgive our intrusion Masters, but we would very much like to offer to take Bella out on a much-needed day out to the city." They shifted nervously waiting for an answer.

Aro shook his head behind the girl's backs. However, Bella smiled to herself at the idea. It was true that Aro was cooped up in the castle for too long, it would do him some good.

"Absolutely ladies, this is a great idea. It's turned into a dreary day and it won't be a problem." Bella said as she drew out the wallet from the desk drawer. "Here, take the credit card and spare no expense, enjoy ladies!"

Aro behind their backs gaped in disbelief at Bella. He would have never would have allowed this ever. Not while he was in danger and still human. He crossed his arms and frowned at her disapprovingly. The ladies all squealed in delight and Jane took the card from Bella's out-stretched hand.

"Thank you Master. You are most generous!" She exclaimed as she hugged the card to her chest.

"Come on Bella," Heidi said jumping in exuberance. "Perk up, we're going to have fun!"

Heidi and Reneta took Aro's hands and led him out as he looked back at Bella helplessly. Bella chuckled and Marcus shook his head smiling at Aro's predicament.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The four friends made their way to the garage, which smelt mostly of oil and gasoline. The many tools hung on their hooks; gleamed in the brightly lit place. It contained so many cars and trucks from many makes and models of the most expensive kind. The chrome from the vehicle's bumpers mirrored every girl's image as the passed by.

Jane led the way and Aro was flanked by Reneta and Heidi. Santiago was under the red Ferrari giving it and oil change when Jane walked over and tapped his leg.

"Santiago? We have leave to take a car for the day. What do you suggest we take?" Jane asked.

Santiago rolled out from under the car's engine. He looked up at all the expectant faces and scratched his head full of curls thoughtfully.