Chapter 2

Ruby slept soundly having a strange dream before she was awoken by her older sister. "RISE AND SHINE!!" Yang cheered banging two pots together. Ruby rolled out of bed with surprise she face planted onto the floor. The sleepy girl groaned "what the hell yang!?" Yang burst into laughter. "Oh my god...that was hilarious!" Yang wheezed as she wiped a tear out of her eye. Ruby groaned rubbing her eyes slowly standing up. "Get dressed breakfast will be done soon," the older siblings said cheerfully.
Ruby sighed putting on her cloths and her red hoodie. She starred at the hoodie for a moment sighing zipping it up.

The young silver eyed girl walked down the stairs holding her satchel

"Morning sis you ready for another day of school?" Yang asked with a cheery grin. Ruby bit into her toast "uh...yeah...so ready..." Ruby muttered gulping. Ruby was secretly excited to see Weiss and all her new friends she made. Yang's phone buzzed "oh it's from Blake," Yang said happily with a large grin. Ruby smirked "oh is she your girlfriend~" Ruby teased placing her books into her bags. Yang blushed "n...no! S...she's just my friend!" Yang retaliated with a huff.
Yang sighed regaining her composure "sorry you're gonna have to take the bus today bumblebee is in the shop," yang said a hint of sadness in her face.
Ruby nodded checking her phone "oh no...I'm gonna miss the bus!" Ruby frantically thought as she flung her bag over her shoulder.
"Bye sis see ya at school!" Ruby called as she ran out the door. Ruby ran to the bus stop. The girl in red panted as she wiped some sweat from her forehead. Ruby sighed sitting down on the bench waiting for her bus. It began to rain "you gotta be kidding me!" Ruby yelled pulling her hood over her head.
A limo pulled up beside her the window rolled down revealing Weiss. Ruby was shocked "need a ride?" Weiss asked with a unreadable expression. Ruby hesitated "y...you sure?" Ruby asked with a questioning look. Weiss nodded Ruby took in a deep breath slowly climbing into the limo. Ruby sat there awkwardly next to Weiss as Weiss's driver drove them both to school. "U...um thank you Weiss...I still didn't think that you liked me..." Ruby chuckled awkwardly. The heiress huffed "w...well I couldn't just have left you there...!" Weiss huffed crossing her arms. Ruby giggled Weiss starred at her for a moment feeling her heart flutter but she didn't dare utter a word. "We have arrived ladies," Frank spoke pulling up Infront of Beacon high. "Thank you Frank," Weiss thanked as they both excited the car.
Ruby walked along side Weiss thinking of what to say. "So...how's it like being a cheerleader?" Ruby asked pushing her glasses up. Weiss glanced at her "I'm actually the captain of the cheerleaders it's nice... although I'm not the biggest fan of the attention..." Weiss mumbled the last part. Ruby's expression softened "I don't like the attention either...everyone is giving me more attention due to how I'm in the basketball team...I just deal with it..." Ruby muttered sticking her hands in her pockets.
"I think you're a... really unique person...you should be proud of it," Weiss said with a warm grin. Ruby smiled "hey babe!" Came a male voice. Weiss's smile faded slightly as a tall boy with blue hair hugged Weiss from behind causing her to flinch.
"H...hello Neptune..." Weiss muttered with a fake smile that only Ruby noticed. Neptune noticed Ruby a displeased look came onto his face. "Who's this?" Neptune asked bitterly wrapping his arms around Weiss's shoulder. Ruby cleared her throat awkwardly "I...I'm Ruby...rose...Ruby Rose...n...nice to meet you," Ruby extended her hand. Neptune just starred at Ruby's hands before grunting. "So you're that girl who beat my team..." Neptune spat glaring at the shorter girl. Ruby shivered slightly "uh...you mean...the blue team?" Ruby asked clearly confused.
Neptune took a step closer making Ruby even more uncomfortable "yeah...you may be good but you'll never be better than me c'mon babe," Neptune spat grabbing Weiss's arm and dragging her away. Weiss glanced back at Ruby shooting her a small smile. Ruby slowly waved as she was being dragged away. Ruby sighed "that guy seems like a massive dick...she looks like she's... afraid of him...what can I do..." Ruby wondered as someone crept up behind her. "BOO!!!" The tall blond shouted grabbing her sisters shoulders.
Ruby jumped "AHHH!!!" Ruby screamed slapping yang across the face.
Yang yowled in pain as she held her cheek "Oh my god Yang! I'm so sorry!" Ruby apologized with a panicked tone. Yang chuckled "it's alright little sis it was nothing," yang said waving her hand. "So how was the bus ride?" The blond asked as the two walked to class. Ruby perked up at the question "oh...actually...it started to rain and...Weiss Schnee offered me a ride she's... actually very nice..." Ruby muttered with a dazed smile. Yang smirked wiggling her eyebrows "you and little miss perfect~" Yang snickered Ruby's turned bright red. "Shut up Yang..." Ruby muttered punching her sisters shoulder.
Ruby waved to yang as she walked into class sitting in her seat. The young girl glanced at Weiss who had a depressed look on her face. Class wouldn't start for another fifteen minutes so Ruby decided to ask the icy eyed girl if she was okay.
Ruby tapped Weiss's shoulder catching her attention.
"Hey are you alright?" The brunette girl asked. The sparkle in Weiss's eyes came back "y...yeah I'm...fine..." Weiss lied. Ruby wanted to ask more but Mr. Prime came in catching everyone's attention.
Ruby couldn't pay attention she was to worried about Weiss to focus.

Class ended Ruby noticed Weiss not get up from her seat. Ruby walked over to the older girl. "Hey Weiss..." Ruby greeted with a warm smile.
Weiss's depressed expression turned into a warm one. Ruby sat on her desk  "so...I was w....wondering a...are you... okay...?" Ruby asked with a conserned look. Weiss sighed "I...I'm fine...Ruby..." Weiss muttered putting her books into her bag putting back on her icy personality. Ruby hopped off her desk placing her hand on Weiss shoulder. "You're not ok...please you can tell me what's wrong," Ruby said smiling. Weiss slapped Ruby's hand away "what do you know! What don't you get! I'M FINE!! YOU'RE JUST SOME GEEK WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HERE!! AND YOU DON'T GET TO MINGLE IN MY LIFE! WE'RE NOT FRIENDS!!!" Weiss shouted angrily. Weiss's eyes widened when she spotted tears in Ruby's eyes.
"I...I...I'm s...sorry....I...just wanted to help...I...just wanted to be your friend...but...you're right...I don't belong here...I...I'll leave you alone...g...goodbye...Weiss..." Ruby burst into tears running out of the room. Weiss stood there in shook "s...she wanted to be my friend...what have I done..." Weiss felt guilt wash over her. She slumped into her seat slapping her forehead.

"I'm such a idiot..."