Chapter 17

Warning this chapter involves PTSD and trauma...and mental breakdowns along with bullying you've been warned
(Y'know a chapter is gonna be brutal when I put a warning at the beginning of a chapter so enjoy this bundle of angst)

Ruby sat in the police station while her father talked to the police officer. Ruby starred blankly with a fearful expression at her hands. Ruby's hand were shaking uncontrollably.
Weiss walked up to Ruby slowly sitting next to her. "Ruby?" Weiss whispered with worry and concern lacing her voice. Ruby didn't say anything she just continued trying to stop her shaking hands. Weiss felt bad for her girlfriend. Ruby had put that man in a coma he deserved it but still. Ruby was no doubt shaken by what she had to do. Weiss placed her hand gently on Ruby's shoulder causing her to flinch. The shaken girl slowly looked up her teary red eyes meeting Weiss's. The two stared at each other until Weiss pulled the silver eyed girl into a hug. Ruby slowly buried her face into Weiss's shoulder.
"I didn't wanna hurt anyone..." Ruby whispered in a broken voice. Weiss felt sadness wash over her as she held Ruby tighter. "I know you didn't...but if you didn't that man might've hurt us...you did what you had to Ruby..." Weiss said kissing Ruby's forehead. Ruby clinged to Weiss's arm as Tai walked out. "Well I talked to the officer that man was a mercenary...he would've killed Oscar and Ruby to get to you and your brother..." Tai said looking to the white haired girl.
Weiss felt Ruby's grasp on her arm tighten slightly. "Thank you Mr. Xiao-long..." Weiss thanked as Tai went to talk to Yang.

Whitly went to stay with Oscar and his aunt for a while. Ruby didn't leave her room and two officers were outside in their car at all times. Weiss was extremely worried but Ruby didn't wanna talk she just wanted to be alone.

Weiss knocked quietly on Ruby's door. "Ruby? Are you ok?" Weiss asked softly. She didn't hear anything from the other side of the door. "Can I come in...?...please Ruby don't shut me out..." Weiss pleaded as tears filled her eyes. "....come in...." Ruby's broken voice could be heard from the other side of the wooden door.
Weiss slowly opened the door seeing Ruby curled up next to her bed holding a teddy bear.
Weiss slowly sat down beside the sad girl. "Hey...how are you feeling?" Weiss asked with genuine concern in her voice.
Ruby didn't answer but cuddled close to Weiss for comfort.
Weiss gently stroked Ruby's hair.
"I'm sorry Weiss..." Ruby whimpered tears falling down onto Weiss's sleeve. Weiss felt her heart break at how broken Ruby was. "Hey...hey...don't cry...it's ok who knows what that man would've done to us...you did what you had to do..." Weiss whispered hugging Ruby tightly.
Ruby didn't say anything she just sobbed into Weiss's shoulder.

One week later

Ruby and Weiss walked to school Ruby was still very shaken and fragile about everything. Weiss gently took Ruby's hand intertwining their fingers. Ruby turned her head to face Weiss who gave her a reassuring smile. Giving her hand a tight squeezing bringing it to her lips kissing it tenderly.
Ruby blushed a blush growing into her face as a smile formed on her lips. "Everything will be ok...we can do this together!" Weiss cheered reassuringly. Ruby nodded kissing Weiss's cheek.

But trauma doesn't go away that quickly...

The couple entered the large school walking down the hall together. Ruby noticed other students murmering and starring at her. She wasn't surprised the whole story had been covered on the news. She felt the eyes watching her every move.

"Hey look it's Ruby!"
"She looks terrible..."
"Well what do you expect...she killed someone...she might be dangerous..."
"She's a murder!"
"Did you hear she beat that man to death!"
"No way!"

Ruby heard every hateful thing they whispered. The fragile girl hung her head with a pained expression. Weiss squeezed the taller girls hand reassuringly. The bell rang Weiss sighed "I'll see you later Ruby...if you have any problem text me ok...I love you," Weiss said kissing Ruby's cheek. Weiss walked to chemistry leaving Ruby alone in the crowded hallway. Ruby was pushed around by passing students she felt scared and weak without Weiss to support her.

 Ruby was pushed around by passing students she felt scared and weak without Weiss to support her

Everything went black around her as her entire body began to tremble. She sprinted to the bathroom her legs giving out as she sunk to the floor.
She buried her face into her knees sobbing violently.
"...I don't wanna hurt anyone..." Ruby whispered to herself as she sobbed. The door opened revealing a group of popular girls. "Well well well...look who it is the murder!" The lead girl Stacy Wong teased with a smirk. Ruby hung her head slowly standing up trying to leave but was stopped by one of Stacy's friends who pushed her back.
"L...leave me alone Stacy..." Ruby pleaded backing into the wall. Stacy rolled her eyes "you're such a weakling...where's your little girlfriend?...disgusting...I always knew you were a freak the moment I saw you and I was once again right!" Stacy teased with a smirk as she snatched Ruby's glasses off her face. "H-hey! Give those back!" Ruby yelled trying to grab her glasses out of the blondes hand.
Stacy smirked dropping the glasses to the ground stomping them with her high heel. Ruby's eyes widened as she sunk to the ground crying into her hands. Stacy and her friends left the bathroom laughing as Ruby cried.
Ruby stumbled her way out of the bathroom as everything around her was blurry. She walked down the blurry empty hallways to find anyone to help. She walked into multiple walls and lockers as she couldn't see where she was.
Ruby feeling defeated she pulled out her phone texting weiss.

Weiss...I need your help...

What?...what do you need?

Please...I...I need help...I'm next to the cafeteria door...help me... please...

Ok I'm on my way hang on...

Ruby put her phone away as she buried her face into her knees. She heard footsteps approaching "Ruby...?"
Ruby slowly looked up at the snow haired beauty with red puffy eyes.
"Ruby!? What happened why are you crying where are your glasses?" Weiss asked with a worried tone.
"Stacy and her friends...they...they..." Ruby couldn't finish as she choked on her tears. Weiss sat next to her crying girlfriend. She pulled her into a warm embrace "shhhh....it's ok I'm here for you..." Weiss whispered embracing her tightly.
"I'm going to protect you...I promise..." Weiss muttered confidently.
Ruby stopped crying but didn't move away from Weiss. "T...thank you Weiss....I love you...so much..." Ruby whispered feeling a little better at Weiss's words.

"Thank you..."

Welp hope you enjoyed some angst because honeys you got a big storm coming well see ya later my little hot pockets!!!