Chapter 5

Tuesday morning
7:10
Ruby's house

Sunlight peeked through the cracks of the blinds. The tired girl groaned pulling the covers over her head. Yang kicked open the door flipping the light on and off. "WAKEY WAKEY! TIME FOR ANOTHER DAY OF SCHOOL!!" Yang cheered banging two pots together. "No....please not again..." Ruby pleaded not wanting to leave the comfort of her bed.
The blond rolled her eyes yanking the covers away from her younger sibling. The younger girl groaned "fine..." She murmured rolling out of bed.
Ruby grabbed her collared shirt and jeans along with her hoodie.

"Lookin good~" Ruby finger gunned in the mirror. Behind her she heard yang snickering "nice moves sister~" yang teased.
Ruby blushed "GET OUT!!" Ruby screamed grabbing and throwing her pillow at the tall girl.
Ruby regained her confidence "alright Ruby today you confess to Weiss! You will NOT embarrass yourself! You! Can! Do! This!!" Ruby thought pumping her fist in the air.

Ruby walked downstairs surprisingly her father was still there sipping his coffee. "Dad? Why aren't you at work?" Ruby asked sitting next to her father.
He smiled "I got a day off didn't you remember? Today I'm gonna be helping chaperone today's field trip sweetheart!" He chirped happily.
Ruby was shocked "you are!!?" Ruby gasped coughing up her juice.
The blond man smiled at his youngest daughter "yup! Can't wait to meet all your friends!" Tai chirped with a cheerful tone. Ruby was happy and panicked at the same time "how will I confess to Weiss if dad's gonna be around!?" Ruby frantically thought stabbing her fork into her eggs.
"Welp I'm gonna drive you two get your bags," Tai said walking towards the door. Ruby just sat there stunned "uh...rubes you good?" Yang asked with a amused smirk. "WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT CONFESSING!!?" Ruby yelled with a flustered expression.
Yang just sighed and rolled her eyes walking to the car. Ruby shook her head regaining her sanity. The young brunette ran to the car where her father and sister waited.

Ruby walked with yang and her father inside. She was a bit embarrassed about having her dad with her. Ruby loved her dad but, he had a habit of embarrassing her without realizing it. Plus Ruby was planning on asking out Weiss today so let's just say...she was nervous.
"Well I have to go talk to principal ozpin I'll see you girls later love you!" He called as he walked to ozpins office.
"I'm gonna go find Weiss I'll see ya later sis!" Ruby waved yang just smirked and waved back.
"Alrighty time to finds Weiss!" Ruby thought confidently.
Ruby walked down the halls looking for the snow haired beauty.
"Where is she..." Ruby thought making her way to Weiss's locker. She finally spotted the young schnee "WEISS!" Ruby ran up to her crush hugging her tightly. Weiss smiled hugging back "...h...hey r....Ruby what's u...up!?" Weiss stammered hugging the taller girl back.
"S...so I'm I wanted to ask you something c...can we go...somewhere more...private...?" Ruby asked rubbing the back of her head. Weiss was a bit confused and flustered as she nodded. Ruby grabbed Weiss's hand leading her to a empty stairwell. "So what did you wanna ask me?" Weiss asked with
a hint of anticipation in her voice.