Burning the Candle

Ruby resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she is startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she is at.

Weiss: (smiling) I need you to pick a tablecloth. (slides two squares over to Ruby, both seeming to be similar shades of white)

Ruby: (confused) Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: (sighs in frustration) I don't even know why I asked!

(Y/N):(walk towards them) I think this one is better.(point at one of the tablecloths)

Weiss:Thank you (Y/N)

Weiss walks out of the scene

Ruby:Did you really see the difference?

(Y/N):No....but hey is better than being scolded!

Ruby and (Y/N) starts laughing.

Ruby:(nervous) So....(Y/N) are you going with anyone to the dance?

(Y/N): Well no one has asked me so no... why you ask?

Ruby:(still nervous) Well I was wondering if you-

Ruby was cut short by Yang coming in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and (Y/N) and the table there moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground.

Yang: (brushing her hands as she approaches Ruby and (Y/N)) So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry; she's going. (looks over to Weiss) Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!

Weiss: (walks up to Yang, pointing in her face) If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

The girls are interrupted by the sound of doors opening.

Neptune: (walking in with Sun) Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

Weiss: We were thinking about it...

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Sun: You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

(Y/N): You already turn heads fire-cracker~ (winks)

Yang blushes and Ruby and Weiss look jealous.

Weiss: (addressing Sun and Neptune) What are you two wearing?

Sun: Uuhhh... this? (gestures to his current shirtless outfit)

Neptune: (steps up and holds a hand in front of his friend's face.) Ignore him for he knows not what he says.

Sun: (knocks Neptune's hand away) Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place.

Yang: Yeah, we noticed.

Sun: (rubbing the back of his head, preparing to ask:) Soooo... what does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?

(Y/N): Yup (looks a little sad)

Weiss: Obviously. (turns and crosses her arms in disapproval)

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind.

Yang: Guys. (everyone looks at her as she grabs (Y/N) hand) Trust me; Blake will be at the dance tomorrow me and (Y/N) will make sure of it.

(Y/N): Yeah! (grabs Yang's hand tightly)