PvP

Weiss: (shaking her head and sighing) This is a mess...

(Y/N): Yeah.....

Jaune: (following the sound of an opening door as he peeks out of Team JNPR's room, with his team peering around the edge in concern) She doing okay?

Blake: She's doing the best she can.

Ruby: I still can't believe Emerald would do something like that...

Jaune: What do you mean?

(Y/N): Emerald set Yang up by using her semblance on her...

Jaune: what! Why!

Ruby: We don't know yet..

(Y/N): Yeah...so please watch your back I think they could be up to something...

Ren: well If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ruby: (looking down) All right then. If that's the case... (turns her gaze up again) Pyrrha?

Pyrrha: (looks to the younger girl as she gets herself seated on on a bed) Hm?

Ruby: (holding her clenched hands up as she tries to put on a grin) You be sure to win one for Beacon, okay?

Weiss: (nodding as she, Blake and (Y/N) also smile sadly) It's what Yang would want.

Pyrrha: (turns her head away before coming back with her attempt at a confident look) I'll... do my best.

Ruby: (excitedly) I'll be sure to watch tonight in case you're picked!

(Y/N): Yeah! I'm sure you'll do amazing!

Pyrrha's smile dips down into worry as she looks away.

Blake: Sorry but, I think I've had enough fighting for one year.

Weiss: (nodding once) Ditto. (a moment passes before she says) Coffee?

Blake: (smiling) Tea.

Ruby/(Y/N): Cookies!

The four members of RWBY chuckles and walk down the hall, and Jaune only closes the door when he sees Ruby disappear behind the corner. Pyrrha continues to look forlorn.

Time skip

Ruby descends down the steps to an open seat. Despite everything that's happened, she's smiling widely, looking around at the assembled crowds... until her stupefied eyes see a familiar, glaring face on the other side of the arena.

Ruby: Emerald's... here?

As if sensing she's being watched, Emerald leans forward to glare at Ruby, who suddenly gets up with a worried expression and runs towards the exit tunnel. Checking to see if no one's around, she enters a door labeled with a yellow maintenance sign and finds herself inside of the Colosseum. She walks forward with determination as the announcers' voices are heard, muffled behind the brick walls.

Oobleck: All right, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!

The sound of the roulette is heard faintly, but what makes Ruby stop in her tracks is the sight of another unexpected "friend" stepping out from a nearby tunnel, completely unharmed and definitely not going home.

Ruby: (squinting as if making sure) Mercury?

Port: It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina from Atlas...

Ruby: (her attention goes from the broadcast to the fraud) What are you doing?

Port: And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!

Ruby: (her head dips in thought until she realizes the awful truth) No...(Y/N) was right

Mercury: (putting a hand to his chin) Ooh, polarity versus metal. That could be bad.

Back to Pyrrha

Pyrrha, now having returned the shield to her back, twirls the javelin to block each sword swipe of Penny's, dropping her weapon when she needs to somersault away after being hit by a slash, only to magnetically return it to her hand as Penny readies another wave of blades.

Port: My word! What a tremendous display by Miss Polendina!

Fully glowering, Pyrrha rushes forward and jumps on an incoming sword, swinging down on Penny, only to have the assault halted by a collection of blades, though she leaps away from the retaliatory slice as Penny backs away as well. She tries to defend against the multitude of swords with the length of her weapon, but is forced back regardless, prompting Pyrrha to roll the shield from her back onto her arm with her polarity.

Nora: (cheering with her arms wide) Whoo, yeah! Goooo Pyrrha!

(Y/N): You can do this! We believe in you!

Despite the cheers, Pyrrha isn't doing well, looking down to see her Semblance's black energy bend the weapons in her hands unnaturally for a split second.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I look around and I don't see Ruby anywhere.

(Y/N): Hey guys have you seen ruby?

Nora: Yeah she's- uh! She was right here a moment ago!

(Y/N): Yeah! I know that's why I'm asking!

I look around once more and I see somethings very unpleasant.

(Y/N): Emerald is here what is she-

I fall out of my thoughts when I see Emerald narrows her gaze at something I follow her eye that land on Pyrrha intensely. Then the thought hit me like a rock.

(Y/N): Oh! No your not!

I get up my seat.

Nora: were are you going!?

(Y/N): I'll be back, I have to do something really quick.

I start walking towards Emerald when I hear a sharp sound like metal. Emerald smirks and I look at the coliseum. My eyes widen in shock Penny was in the floor and her arm was missing. I turn back towards Emerald but she's gone. I look down at my hands feeling dizzy as my ears start ringing.

(Y/N): What is happening!?

???: You couldn't protect your new friend how useless!

(Y/N): Uh! Who said that?!

Warning Announcer: Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

(Y/N): uh!

The crowds begin to flee, wild and screaming, through the exit tunnels, while Ironwood enters the announcers' box and grabs the microphone from between Port and Oobleck.

Ironwood: Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic.

With that said, a Giant Nevermore appears atop the arena's domed force field, giving a series of deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the defense with its beak.

Sun: (standing up in alarm along with Coco Adel) A Nevermore!?

Coco: (lowering her sunglasses) How did it get past the Kingdom's defenses!?

Ren: (rising up beside them) It wasn't alone....