Oscar!

Narrator's POV:

After Pyrrha, Jaune, and (Y/N) say goodbye to Ms. Nikos they get with Ren and Nora and starts heading back.

Time skip

Jaune and his teammates with (Y/N) walk up to the group.

Ren: No luck?

Blake: No, you?

Jaune: Don't worry, we aren't going to Atlas without him.

Ruby: We?

The four Team JNPR members share a smile. Ruby looks curious at (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey it was not my doing. They are the once making there decisions.

(Y/N) smiles at Ruby and Ruby chuckles.

Jaune: (to Saphron) Sorry we won't be staying.

Saphron: (smirking) No you're not.

Terra: How about we get out of the cold?

The door to the house is heard opening. Everyone gasps in shock as a familiar voice is heard.

Oscar: Oh, I was wondering when you'd get back.

Oscar Pine stands at the doorway, now wearing a fancy green coat.

Everyone: OSCAR!!

Nora screams in joy as Oscar initially has a confused look on his face, and then one of comical terror as the eight students all leap forward and tackle hug him. Now inside the house, Ruby helps Oscar up as everyone shares a laugh.

(Y/N): Were the hell were you!?

Weiss: You had us worried sick!

Ruby: Are you okay?

Nora: (grinning) What are you wearing?

Oscar: (smiles and rubs the back of his head) Uh...

The rest of the group steps into the house.

Terra: Is something cooking?

Oscar: Oh, uh, yeah. I thought you guys would appreciate a hot meal after... spending all day looking for me, apparently.

Jaune: It's my fault we were all out there in the first place. Oscar, I am so sorry for earlier. I was way, way out of line, and what I said--

Oscar: No, it's okay. These past few days, I've been scared of the same things you were. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be... me. But I did some thinking, and I do know that I want to do everything I can to help with whatever time I have left.

Jaune: (smiles) Good. This team isn't the same without you, Oscar.

Everyone shares a q QQ smile. Suddenly, a smoke alarm goes off.

Oscar: (gasps) The casserole!

Saphron: (giggles) We're on it, chef.

Saphron and Terra step into the kitchen to take care of Oscar's cooking. (Y/N) hits Jaune in the shoulder and they share a smile with each other.

Ruby: Uh, combat gear looks good.

Ruby and Oscar share a smile. Then, the group notice Qrow walking up the stairs.

Ruby: (sternly) Where are you going now?

Qrow: I don't want to get in the way of your celebration.

Ruby: You've been gone all day!

(Y/N): Yeah I know your stress but just sit with us.

Qrow: (sighs) Look, Ruby, (Y/N) I'm glad you kids worked out, uh, whatever all that was. But the fact is, we're not a single step closer to Atlas.

Jaune: Actually, I think I have an idea. But... it's sort of a "no-going-back" kind of idea.

Ruby: Well, let's hear it.

Jaune: With Cordo on watch, only Atlas airships have the clearance to leave for Solitas. So... we... steal an Atlas airship. (nervously shrugs at his last statement)

Everyone gets shocked looks on their faces. Adrian giggles in Maria's arm.

(Y/N): That's insane....I like it!

Weiss: (Y/N)! That's not just breaking the law. That's... that's definitely worse.

Yang: How would we even get onto the airfield?

Jaune: That part I haven't quite figured out yet. But I--

Qrow: Okay, stop. Just... stop! Look, if this thing goes south, it's not something we can just fight our way out of. This is the Atlas Military we're talking about. (sighs) For your sake, just drop this.

Everyone looks down with discouraged looks on their faces. Ruby notices this and turns back to Qrow with a determined look on her face.

Ruby: I want to hear him out.

Qrow: Ruby...

Ruby: I want to hear him out! I know you're trying to protect us, that you're afraid we can't do it, but right now, I don't really care what you think!

Qrow gains a shocked expression upon hearing this.

Ruby: Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options! Oz hasn't been here to tell us what to do, but we still managed to get this far anyway. We've been in bad situations before, and we don't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do. We just did it our way! And I say we do it our way. (everyone smiles) And if you think you can keep up with us "kids"... we'd be happy to have you.

Qrow looks down sadly.

Maria: (laughs) Looks like you didn't give her enough credit either.

Qrow doesn't say anything, he looks back to Ruby while she looks back at him determined. (Y/N) hugs Ruby from behind.

(Y/N): I wanna Mary you....

Ruby blushes more red then her cape and the rest of the group chuckles.