Chapter 7

~After swimming practice~

"Hey mom, where are you?" I shouted in the house as I stepped in.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She shouts back.

I go to the kitchen and rested the papers in front of my mom who was looking at something over the phone, "Can I go to the trip? It's for the swimming team, please mom?" I begged with a pouty face.

She sets her phone down and picks up the paper, "Let me read through it, are your friends going?"

"Yeah, most of my teammates are going, it's more like training, and I was told that starting from next week, other high schoolers has other activities that they have participated in which includes trips."

She gives me a look and sighs, "Okay, fine, just don't smoke,"

I gagged at that statement, "Of course I wouldn't, it smells terrible."

"I wasn't done,"

"Sorry."

"No alcohol, no drugs, don't break the rules, listen to the adults, respect the adults..." and so on, she nags about the Dos and Don'ts.

"Got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" I saluted.

She read through, then she finds a pen and signs the forms, she was handing it to me, I was going to take it but she was holding on, "And please don't get hurt." She smiles, letting go of the paper, cupping my face with one hand.

I smiled back, "I love you mom."

"I love you too."

I went upstairs to find my suitcase, I found it, I set it on the bed, and started packing a few things I needed, I know it's a week away, but it wouldn't hurt to prepare a little.

But stopped there as the door bell rang.

It can't be Daniel, he has keys and he knows the garage password, same for my dad, my mom's the one who brings my sisters to school and picks them up, oh well, why is it my business?

I shrugged, thinking it may only be one of my mom's friends, or our neighbors, or delivery person.

"Payton! Your friend is here!" My mom yells from downstairs.

Huh? Friend? What friend? I didn't know one of them was coming over today.

"Tell him to come up!" I shouted back.

Someone knocks my door, I told them, "Come in dude, we've known each other since forever."

None of them really hardly ever knock on my door, they'd bust that door open feeling at home, why bother now?

"Oh, did we?" My eyes widened, I turned to see if I was wrong.

"Zack? What are you doing here?"

"Tutoring. What else?"

"Torturing, you mean?" I sarcastically corrected.

"Very funny Prince, now let's get to it."

He sits on my wheelie chair, spins around a little.

"How did you even get my address?" I asked.

"The school gave it to me."

"Whatever, you can sit there for as long as you like, I'll be leaving to a friend's house." I said about to walk to the door.

"You don't want to disappoint your parents, do you?"

"..." I hesitated.

I backed away from the door and rummage through my book bag to find homework, books, everything that may be needed.

I grabbed my other chair and pulled it towards my desk.

We started off with the class that I'm the worst at, which is world history, because it's too much to remember, like what happened here, what happened there, how do people remember all that?

So then made our way to studying through my third worst, which is biology, then my mom knocked on the door.

"Hey~ sorry to interrupt, I brought you guys snacks," she comes in, "oh, Payton, you're studying? Don't worry, I'll leave you two alone, Zack, feel free to have some snacks, work hard!" she sets the tray of snacks on my coffee table, "thanks mom." was what I said before she closes the door.

I sigh, "Let's take a break, have some snacks."

I picked up a bowl of watermelon and started eating it.

I looked up at Zack, I couldn't quite tell his emotions, was it sadness?

"Hey. You can eat some," I picked up the other bowl of watermelon, holding it out in front of him, he hesitates, then takes the bowl.

"Thanks." He said.

Did the King just say thanks? Did the real Zack get abducted by aliens? Or get brainwashed? Why so nice suddenly? So weird.

"Err, well, it's no problem." I said awkwardly.

We finished of the snacks and went back to studying.

~~~

"Hey!" Zack yells.

"Hm? What?" I responded.

"You dare fell asleep? If you keep falling asleep at this rate, you won't improve as much."

"Since when do you care?"

"Cause it's my responsibility, I don't want to be marked as a bad tutor."

I groaned, "We've been doing this for..." I looked down at my watch, "5 hours?! It's now 8:20."

"It'd be 4 hours, your mom invited me to dinner which took us 30 minutes, and eating snacks took us about 5-10 minutes. So it hasn't been that long."

I went back to studying, but feel more wide awake since it's night.

~~~

A/N: Question of the Day: What's your favorite Season and why?

Mine is either Summer or Fall, because of the weather and new big BL series comes up around this time, and I just find it fun!🤷🏼‍♀️😊 Can't choose between the two.

-Please comment and vote! Thank you for reading, have a nice day!