Chapter 44

Throughout the whole day yesterday, I didn't get to eat, not a single bite of food, luckily I have water in my room. My dad refused to let me out, I didn't get sleep at all yesterday, so I've been staying up the whole night, crying till I ran out of tears.

I tried taking a nap, but I couldn't, it's useless.

At 7:25 am (still had my clock), I was awake, I heard tapping noises on the window, which scared me.

I looked down from the window, Zack was throwing rocks but stopped when he finally saw me, I opened my window, I tried to be quiet, and whispered as loudly as I could for him to hear me, "Zack, What are you doing here? Are you crazy?"

"I miss you, I couldn't get ahold of you, so I wanted to check up on you."

"I'm fine, my dad took away all my devices."

"Oh, I kinda figured, and how is it going with your parents?"

"I'm fine, just my dad is angry." I sighed.

"What else did he do besides taking all your electronics?"

"He took your phone," I told him.

Zack smiles, "You're wearing my shirt."

I looked down on the shirt I was wearing and felt shy, "It's comfy, that's all."

"You sure you don't miss me?"

I blushed timidly, "But... also because I miss you."

Someone from downstairs, opens the front door, making both of us panic.

"Relax, it's only me." The familiar voice said.

Then he appears in my sight, which made me relieved that it was only Danial.

Danial puts his hand on Zack's shoulder, "Zack, you should go back, my dad will get furious if he sees you again, Payton is already locked up in his room by his own dad, I don't know what else he could do."

"Wait, Payton is locked up in his room?!" Zack exclaims.

Zack looks like he was preparing to fight, Danial stopped him, "Zack, you don't want to make things worse, the least you could do right now is to stay away, to keep out of trouble for Payton's sake."

"Zack, it's okay, I don't want you to get involved." I forced a smile.

Zack sighs and nods.

We said our goodbyes, reluctantly.

I laid back on my bed, tears swelled up again, not as much.

About 30 minutes later, my mom knocks on the door, "Sweetie? Are you alright in there?"

"Yeah, mom, I'm fine."

"I'm sorry, I don't have the key for this door, so I can't give you your smoothie." She said in a sad tone.

"It's fine mom, I'll be okay, I got water in here." I tried not to make it sound like I was gloomy.

My mom sniffed from the other side of the door, "Okay, I'll try to find a key to feed you."

I love the way my mom understands that I didn't want anyone to question my sexuality since it's a sensitive topic for me to tell my family right now since they all know the truth.

An hour later, the door opens, my dad comes in and stands in front of me, "Have you learned your lesson? Knowing that being like that is wrong?"

It took me a few seconds to gather up my courage, I stood up and my body faces my dad, but eyes on either side, "Dad, I know it's wrong to be with the same gender, but it's not wrong to love someone with your heart."