Chapter 34

"Do you need help?" Zack asks.

"No."

I slowly tried getting up, focusing on my posture, which I was in a dog stand position, which was a start.

I felt two hands holding both of my arm, even though I said I didn't need help, he refused to listen.

He slowly helped me get on the bed laying on my stomach, the comforter is softer than the floor, but how come it feels worse?

I groaned subconsciously, with pain clinging onto my back, suddenly my shoulders.

"Do you want me to massage it for you?"

"No thanks, I think you'll make it worse."

He gets close to my left ear, "Believe it or not, I'm pretty good at it, I took some lessons. So if you want to sleep with that backache, that's fine too."

"I- fine, please help me make it better." I surrendered, my ears flared up.

He grins and sits on top of me, then takes my sweatshirt off, pulling it over my head.

"Hey, hey, hey, what are you doing?" I panicked.

"You're gonna have to cooperate with me if you want your back fixed."

"Yeah, but can you do it without sitting on my butt?"

"Just calm down, will ya?"

"A guy is sitting on me while I have back pain, no one else does this except for my very, very close friends and my brother and sisters when we play around, but sure, I'll calm down." I rolled my eyes.

"Your sarcasm is really catching onto me, you know?"

He was working his way up and down on my back, but I only felt pain that suddenly felt like they were form to bruises, is he even really an expert? Or did he lie?

I groaned softly when his hand presses against my skin, I was bored enough, so I spoke, "Will you slowly explain to me why?"

"Huh? I thought I was forbidden to talk to you."

"I'm the one talking here, it's an exception, unless you don't want to take this opportunity."

"I will, I will." He takes a moment, "Prince, I have many reasons why I want to bond with you-"

"Hold up, bond? What do you mean?" I interrupted him.

"You know it right? I do like you, and not just as a friend, I hope you can accept me, before I knew it, you already came into my world, and you made it light up again, making it all colorful when we meet again. I never intend to make a fool out of you, I knew that you'd say that you're straight, I didn't want to hear it, I wanted to make the impossible, possible."

"By doing what exactly?"

"Being discreet, secretly getting close to you, get to know you, I also wanted you to get to know me as well, it's not like my intentions were lying to you forever, or you'd think my love for you is a lie," I shivered at the last part, not like in a bad way, just a weird feeling inside me.

"I wanted you to figure it out in the first part and find half of the truth, and you'd let me do the rest, and so I was planning on telling you everything, just not all at once."

I went silent for a few seconds, "But... why me? Out of all people in the world, why me?"

"Like I said, I don't want to tell you everything all at once, only a few at a time." He laughs.

"Unless... you actually don't like me and just trying to figure out what your "reasoning(excuse)" with liking me." I quoted.

He sighs, "That's not it, fine, I'll tell you; to me, your personality stands out, in many ways, I've always find you unique, different from others. And... you remind me of my mom."

Wha- a mom? I'm no mom! I feel offended.

"Even before she died, you were just like her, you won't understand."

"Before? Have we met before?"

"You don't remember, see, I told you, a few steps at a time."

"Stop beating around the bushes and tell me already." I nagged.

"My mom always acted childish, she was mature on the outside, but on the inside, she's a playful person who knew happiness, she always knew how to cheer me up, my mom is one of the reasons why I want to swim, she also tells me that we should save money we earned and donate them to people who needed it. There are more reasons why you remind me of her."

Oh.

"But that still doesn't answer my question,"

"How much do you remember of your childhood?"

"Eh? I don't know, I- why does my past matter?"

"Because I'm part of your past, way back in when we were five years old, almost six, almost the whole year, we played and played at the playground."

The playground? Just how much did I forget?

"Forget it, I don't expect you to remember so easily, though it'd be nice if you remembered me."

My eyes widened with shock, "Don't tell me, you're that boy in the playground!" I tried turning around, but forgotten that I have a sore back, "Mmh, how painful!" I cried.

"You.... do you remember?" He asks, astonished.

"Was it the playground at Street Main Park?"

"So you do remember after all!"

I kinda feel awkward about that childhood memory, I... did something I shouldn't have, who'd figure that we were going to meet again?