Chapter 9

I took the plastic off and took out the liquid cheese in the wrapper, I put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and 30 second like it says.

I went to sit down on couch and play with my phone while I wait for 3 minutes.

About 1-2 minutes later, I smelled something burning.

What's that smell? Is something burning? THE MICROWAVE!!!

I quickly got up off the couch, the microwave was smoking, firstly, I opened the microwave to make it stop running, then I opened up most of the windows in the area, even the back door. I opened the drawer to find a wash cloth so that I don't breathe in the smoke.

I scrolled down to find Riley Kennedy in my contacts, he didn't answer, so I tapped his name again.

It picked up, "Riley! The microwave is burning-"

The fire alarm started going off.

"RILEY! PLEASE COME TO MY HOUSE, HURRY!!!" I yelled over the loud ringing.

I hung up, and I didn't know what to do, I panicked, I got a towel and helplessly tried fanning it all out, especially the alarm, I couldn't take in the smoke so I was about to go out front to wait for Riley, I just couldn't take the loud beeping anymore, I think it made my ears bleed.

I opened the door and saw Zack, running out of breathe, like he ran as fast as he could, he pants and gasps between words, "Are you okay?! What happened?!"

I nodded.

He went inside passed me.

"YOU GET A FAN TO FACE THE SMOKE ALARM, AND GET A LATTER, I'LL KEEP FANNING THE ALARM!!!" He ordered over the loud alarm noise.

I ran to get a latter, then found a fan.

"NOW I NEED A SCREWDRIVER!!!" He orders.

I went to the basement to find it in my dad's tool section, I found the screwdriver and handed it to Zack.

He twists the alarm open, something fell in his eye, he hissed.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!" I asked.

"YEAH, NOW YOU CLEAN WHATEVER IS IN THE MICROWAVE, OKAY?! I'LL TAKE CARE OF THIS!!!" He yells over the alarm.

I went to clean up the burnt Mac and cheese, it was all black, I picked it up and threw it away I don't get it? Why did it turn like that?!

In a few seconds, the alarm went off, finally.

"Okay, it's done!" He yells, I think his ears are ringing from the alarm, and so is mine.

"Sorry, I caused you trouble." I said.

"It's no problem."

"Why'd you come? I thought we had no tutoring session today."

"You called me, didn't you?"

"What? I did, I thought I called Riley." I said as I checked my recents, it turns out I did call Riley Kennedy the first time, but in the second time, it was Zack King.