Chapter 22

Brandon and Casey went up to their rooms, I told Riley I was going for a walk but he insisted on walking with me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Riley asks.

"Yup, fine, just have a stalker, that's all." I said sarcastically.

"Why don't you just block them?"

"And not find out who they are so that I won't be aware?"

"Well, you're right, but they would've 50% chance that they might have their way around to get to your number even if you block them, so that probably wouldn't help."

"Hey, in mystery movies, the least person you suspect, is always the real murder, and I suspect you the least, is it you by chance?" I suspected.

He hits my head, "Do I look like a murder to you?!"

"I meant on stalking."

"Again, do I look like that kind of person?" he sighs, "For some reason, at this age, you're getting really dense, I wouldn't stalk you 'cause I already like someone el-"

He pauses, my eyes widened, "Who is it? Is it someone I know? Is she pretty? Is she from our scho-"

"Enough with the questions, we're talking about you here."

"No, don't change the subject."

"Stop! You won't get answers from me. Now, let's focus on you." He argues.

"Fine, fine, but... is there anything I can do to get rid of this stalker?"

He shakes his head and sighs, "Oh Payton, Payton, Payton, there are many things you need to learn, first of all, the answer to that question, you can never get rid of a stalker, unless he goes to jail, if he harms anyone. But... there are many reasons why stalkers are stalkers."

"Then... what's this stalker's reasoning?"

"Eh, I probably should tell you, but have you thought of anyone else who may a stalker? Like, what about that guy you bumped into?"

"Now that I think about him, he asked me to hang out with him last night, but I couldn't go for a few reasons, but he already has my number, it's impossible to send a message from the same phone, and they can't buy phones here, can they?"

"Not unless they have extras, and they can hack you, you know."

I sighed so loudly, worrying about having a stalker, not knowing how dangerous he might be.

"The worst case that could happen is kidnapping," he puts his hand on my shoulder, "that's why your brother and I tell to learn to fight as a defense, but don't worry, with your innocence, he might let you off easily." He pats my shoulder, and walks away like he said nothing wrong and ruthless.

"Hah? Huh? What? What did you say?" How can I not worried, it's me who's in danger here! Not you!

He looks up at the stars, "You know, deep down, your brother really worries about you. And... why do you keep calling him nerd? He's just smart."

"Because he's boring and an oldie-"

"Don't call him that, he's only one year older than you."

"And I know he loves me deeply, he loves how annoying I am, I'm fun and all, who doesn't?" I said sarcastically, "But he's always so boring and always calls me childish, and remember? One time I cried because he was trying to tutor me with math, in second grade, it's so much pressure and I barely understood his way, Zack's way is better."

"Zack? You seem to be a fond of him lately, to me, it's weird that he's suddenly not being a bully."

"I don't like him anymore! Last night, he..." I paused, not sure if I was ready to tell anyone.

"He what? Did he do something?"

"Nothing."

He sighs, "Okay, I know you don't want to tell me, but you can tell me when you're ready, but if he crosses the line, you should tell me or Casey or Brandon as soon as possible, you know, you can trust us, right? And your brother is there for you too."

"Thanks, but can you do one thing for me?" He nods, "Can you ask Miles to switch with me?"

"Sure, I'll try, and I'd love to."

~~~

After catching up in talking, we went back to our rooms, Riley is going to convince Miles to switch with me, I was in the room, alone.

My phone chimes, it was the unknown caller.

Unknown: Don't even try.

Payton: Try what?! Who are you? What do you want from me? Do we know each other? Do we go to the same school? Are you a dangerous person who would murder? If you are, stay away from me, you clown! Forget it if you want my money! Or my body!

Unknown: Curious much? I'm not a dangerous person, I don't hurt people. And trust me, I'm good on money. As for you...

Payton: Answer all of my questions already!!! Creep!

Unknown: You'll know soon.

I rolled my eyes, like I would really want to know, if rather just block you!

I blocked his/her(who knows) number.

*Ding*

Unknown: Did you just block me?

My eyes widened.

Unknown: You should know, I can buy however many phones to get your phone number and text you, and hack you, I can see all your photos.

Payton: You're insane! Crazy! Annoying!

Unknown: I'm not actually trying to be a weird stalker here, I have my reasons.

Payton: Oh, so you are aware that you're some weird stalker who'd waste money to buy as many phones for one person just to talk to them, and might as well be a waste of time.

Unknown: How about this, we play a get-to-know-you game, so that we can know each other better.

Payton: Sure, answer all my questions that I asked. But NO WAY I'm telling someone I don't know about myself.

Unknown: But you do know me, though not very much, but that's why you need to know me better.

Unknown: How about it? We play 3 questions a day about each other, and you get to decide your own questions that you want to know about me unless it gives away too much about me, and if you you figure out who I am, 99.99% sure, let's hear your reason why you think I'm that person, then, I'll admit that I'm your stalker, then I'll show my face.

Payton: What do I gain from it? Will you keep stalking me?

Unknown: After finding out who I am then, let's play another game. If I can make you fall in love with me within 2 weeks, will you say yes to be my boyfriend? I'm asking you, give me a chance, please. Then you can do whatever you like with me, whether to love me or leave me.

Payton: But if you're a guy, I'm straight! Sorry! •^•

Unknown: I don't care if you're straight, you know we're all physically and mentally bent in any way. Still, let's try it, at the end of the first game, I'll stop being a stalker. Nothing is impossible.

Unknown: So do we have a deal?

Payton: Just leave me alone for the night, but however many phones you buy, I'll still block you!

Unknown: Stubborn as always I see.

"Tsk, really annoying."

Unknown: Goodnight!♡︎ This empty heart needs to be filled.

I turned off my phone and went to the bathroom to change into my pajamas, just in case, Zack comes in.

A/N: Oooh~ What do we have here? Zack? Austin? And now a harmless stalker?

Who do you think is the mystery stalker? Will there be a real plot twist?
A) Zack
B) Austin
C) Other(fill in who you think it is)

You probably will pick up a few hints.😉🤭❓❓❓