Chapter 45

Author: We're doing someone else's POV in this chapter.😆

My dad wasn't letting me go to school, he didn't give my mom the keys for my room, my mom stayed behind because of "dad's instructions".

He went to work, thankfully, I didn't want to see his face or hear his voice at all.

I stayed in bed, mom only went out to drop my sisters off.

I just took a nap for a bit since there's nothing I could do.

(Zack's POV.)

I went to school back, I couldn't see Payton, I only saw his brother, I went up to him, "Danial, um, is Payton here today?"

"Zack, Payton is at home, my dad won't let him go to school." Danial clarified.

"Well? What are you going to do about it?"

"What do you mean? I don't have the keys, and I haven't been able to see him, not up close, 'cause I wasn't allow to, not even my mom."

My blood boiled in anger.

"Are you really going to let your dad abuse him?!"

"What are you talking about? Abuse? Locking him up is abuse, I mean yeah, it's a little too extreme, but he never would hit his own son."

You thought wrong.

"You really don't know, do you?"

"What?"

I showed him the pictures off my phone, he looked shocked.

"W-wait, that's-? Is that really my brother in those pictures?" Danial's eyes were shaking.

"Yeah, I saw him last night when I was delivering food, he tried telling me a lie, I tried to take him away, but he refused and didn't want to leave his siblings and his mom."

"No" he trembles, "my dad couldn't... Would he really? You're lying."

"Danial, if your dad does it again, I will not hesitate to take your brother away from him." I confronted him.

He was quiet for a second, then spoke up, "Screw again, send me those pictures!"

Danial gave me his number, I sent it to him just like he asked, "What are you going to do?"

"What else? Sending them to my mom, she couldn't possibly know about this!" He exclaimed in anger.

~~~

(Payton's POV.)

I woke up, hearing a worried voice, "...Honey? Step away from the door! I'm busting in!"

"What?"

A bang through the door had me startled, and there was another bang, and another, and another until it broke the door down.

A/N: The lock on the door isn't ordinary, so it's not easy to break in.

Mom got in, "Oh honey, I-I'm sorry," she bursted into tears, "I can't let you live like this, we need to get away from your dad." She softly touches where he slapped me and she hugs me, my tears didn't hold back as I hugged her, feeling my own mother's warmth was one of the things I missed the most these days.

"If I had known earlier that your dad did this, we wouldn't have been here by now. Payton, pack your stuff, we're leaving." She pulls away and leaves the room to pack.

But where would we go?

Even if I don't know, it's better than being crammed in my room everyday, and for sure my siblings, my mom, and I would be more safer and happier.

~~~

My mom and I packed our stuff, and put it all in mine and my mom's car, we still had to get others to pack, so my mom went to my sisters' schools to pick them up early

My sisters got to pack, my mom was writing a letter for my dad read, she's kind of threatening him with his reputation if he gets near us.

Since Danial was in senior, he could leave classes early, instead of going to basketball practice, went straight home to pack for himself before dad gets home.

While I was waiting, a car pulled up, "Zack, you're here."

"Yeah, I heard from Danial that you guys are moving somewhere else, will I be able to see you at school again?"

"Yes, I'm not going out of the district, only away from this house. My door's broken, I can't move back in." I joked.

He laughs, "Better not," his laugh dies down, "If guys you ever need a place to stay, I'll help you and your family."

"Thanks, we'll be going soon, I'll call you when I get a new phone."

"No need, I already got you one, I think your other one is long gone." He gives me a box that has a new Apple phone.

"You're sneaky, you sure surprise me." I smirked.

I'll be going off, love you, mwah." He blows an air kiss.

I did the same, "Love you too, Zacky, mwah."

He smiled happily, he leaves with his black car.

I wanted to kiss him directly, but I didn't want to make my family uncomfortable, I'm sure he understands.

~~~

Author: Some of you may sense some of these scenes are familiar, yes it is familiar, it's more like mix inspiration.