Chapter 30

We walked around a little bit, went to the bathroom before we get to the haunted terror place, when I can out of the bathroom, a received a text message.

Unknown:1. Italian food
2.Don't particularly have one, currently I like the song called Lovely by Billy Eilish.
3. ...

Well, of course he didn't say, it'd probably give away a big hint, even though he might be spying on me or whatever, he may have came without the swim team, which means it's possible that he's not in the team.

There I go! I'm becoming smart!

I typed in the description on my 'Notes' app, so I don't forget.

The only people we were waiting for was Casey, Xavier, and Andrew, everyone else was out here, walking in circles.

Since I'm bored, I went to check Austin's messages, maybe a little too late.

Austin: Hey, do you want to go somewhere?

Austin: It's on me! :)

Austin: You can invite your friends.

I felt guilty for letting him hanging, the entire day!

Payton: Hey, sorry :( I forgot that I left my phone off, I've been walking to the carnival that's happening today, you should come! :)

Then I let it be, everyone's out, so we headed to the haunted terror.

"Hey," Riley whispers, "I know this place might not have small spaces, but will you be okay in here?"

"Yeah, they're two different things, I can handle this." I replied.

He nods.

Brandon shows the workers the tickets on the phone that were paid beforehand, Zack and his friends had to pay for theirs.

Riley looks at anything but Miles, he's been annoyed by him lately, I was always thinking maybe Miles just wants to be his friend, he keeps on using me as a shield to hide in, and no doubt that he always plays hard to get.

I can tell that some of the boys are tired already from walking one place to another.

When Zack and his friends paid, we walked in through the fog swaying on the floor, I can tell they're trying to make it "scary".

There was people with costumes trying to jump in to scare us, zombies, skeletons, ghosts, etc.

On their costumes were fake blood, there were puddles of fake blood on the floor, so we accidentally stepped on some.

Once again, I was behind others, except Zack was  walking with me, there were noises in the background, but they weren't loud enough to cover Zack's heavy breathing.

"Are you okay? Why are you breathing so heavily?"

"It's just, I have a little hemophobia(phobia of blood)."

"Phobia of blood? Were you aware that fake blood was going to show up in the haunted terror?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, here, you... look up a little bit to the ceiling so you won't have to look at it, I'll make sure you won't trip."

I guided him through the blood parts.

Who'd knew he be terrified of blood, he looks like he's barely afraid of anything. Well, it's understandable, because I think it was caused by that accident when his mom died, so that may have caused him to be traumatized by blood.

As we went through the rest of the tour, I didn't see much sight of blood, "That wasn't scary at all." Brandon brags.

"It's too fake....." Andrew started out.

Zack looked pale, he looked around, then ran to a trash, vomiting his guts out, the group didn't really pay attention, Brandon just started arguing with Xavier and Andrew, just kept on bragging on how brave they are.

What is this, a competition? I deliberately rolled my eyes.

Miles paid attention to Zack and went to him to see if he was alright.

Brandon and Andrew and Xavier started yell, turning into a cat fight, or like how girls fight over shoes and dresses.

Now only Brandon and Xavier were about to physically fight, Riley went over behind Brandon to pull him away, I tried getting in between to split them up.

Brandon quickly pulled his right arm back to take a swing, but accidentally hit Riley in the face with his elbow.

Riley fell back, he hit the floor, hard. The boys stopped fighting, and drew their attention to Riley, "Riley! Are you okay?! Can you breathe?!" Brandon yelled as he bent down to the ground, helping Riley up, Casey and I did the same.

Riley's top lip and nose was bleeding, "Do I look okay?" He groans, holding up his blood from dripping.

Miles ran to Riley, helping him by giving him his handkerchief.

A/N: I don't know if anyone carries them around anymore.🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Riley used that handkerchief to wipe off the blood and make it stop bleeding.

I got up and looked at Zack, he was looking away not because he didn't care, but sensed that there's blood that can be seen.

"It's okay now, kinda." I patted his back.

"How is he?" He asks.

"Eh, fine, I hope his nose didn't get broke." I said worriedly.

"Why were they fighting anyways?"

I scoffed, "Because of their stupidity."

"Sounds like them." He chuckles.

Since Riley's blood was covered up, we headed back to the group, and the first thing I hear is Brandon whining about how sorry he is, "Riley, I'm sorry, please forgive me, huh." Riley was tired of his nagging so he forgave him.

There was a parade going on tonight, so we decide to stay a little longer, we all found a spot for all of us to sit in, but we all separate into pieces, the others agreed that Brandon should stay and watch, he kept complaining the most out of all of us that he's tired, so he guarded our spot. Alone.

Riley and Casey went for their own food, also, Riley wanted ice for his bruised nose and swollen lip.

I don't know where Zack and his friends were going, but it was none of my business. However, I wanted to get funnel cakes, and so I did.

I took a minute to eat some of it so that it doesn't spill on my way back while holding it.

After a few minutes, I thought I should head back, so I walked where I thought I came from, instead, I felt like I was walking around circles.