Chapter 38

After Zack and I made out in the public bathroom, we went back to the game, together, it was in the middle period time-out.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Danial's team is winning, for now they are taking a break, but a little girl was walking in the middle of the basketball court, she tried getting the ball, it was cute and funny, you should've seen it." Riley laughs.

"I actually got it on video," a girl from behind us said, she was in some of my classes, I think she plays on the volleyball team and has a boyfriend playing for our team.

She shows us the video, Riley just wants to watch it again, it was in an Awe and laughter situation.

Zack's hand slithers into mine, hesitantly tingling them together, I interlocked them together since Zack was hesitant. It was warm, a little rough, but comfortable.

"Payton, why were you out for so long anyways?" Riley asks.

"Uh," I lean in and whispered in his ear, "I'll tell you later."

The game continues, I don't feel as tired as before, I cheered my brother on, "Go Danial!"

The cheerleaders chants, "Let's go Tigers, let's go! Let's go Tigers, let's go!"

It was a tough game, they had good competitors, but the Tigers won.

We all went out of the hall, waiting for Danial, while Zack might be waiting for his brother.

Danial came out with his sweaty uniform still on, we congratulated him, I went on to the other discussion, "Danial, can you come here, please," he comes over to a less crowded spot, "So, about the room, are you going to be staying with us the throughout the whole trip?"

"Why?" He asks suspiciously.

"Because don't forget, my roommate is also playing a sport, he needs the space and to sleep comfortably, so do I." I reasoned.

"You know I don't like leaving you alone with people, especially with someone who was sucking you dry."

I blushed like a tomato, "Wait! Don't put it that way, it sounds weird! And Danial, I just want to be able to do things on my own, like taking care of myself, please?"

He reluctantly agreed.

~~~

After we celebrated at night, everyone headed back to their room, Danial packed and left to the room he was supposed to be in.

The water from last night was already warm and we forgot to put it in the mini fridge, so I went down at the hotel snack store, I went and got raspberry tea, I paid for it, as I was heading out, I bumped into Austin and dropped my raspberry tea, which wasn't opened yet, thankfully.

"Austin, hey. How are you? I'm sorry just now." He picks up my raspberry tea, "thanks." He doesn't let go of it.

"Um, you haven't texted me back for a while."

"Awe, I'm sorry, I was busy, I figured you were too, it's been a long week."

"Then, should we go out, maybe tomorrow?"

"Uh, we'll see, I'll text you if I can, if I can't, I'll try to remember to give you heads up."

He let's go of the bottle, I was about to go past him, but he grabs my wrist, "I'm just going to be frank with you, I... like you."

What? Not another one! Zack is already enough!

"Uh, thanks for your honesty, but I already have someone else, so..."

"Who?"

"Does it matter or...?"

"..."

I sighed, "Look, who I like is none of your business, I appreciate your honesty but accept it, if I don't like you like that, I don't like you, just leave it like that, but we can still be friends, I'll give you that chance. Now let me go, please."

He slowly lets go of my wrist, and I just tried to leave quickly, going up to my room.

Letting one person get heartbroken because of me is overwhelming enough.

I opened my raspberry tea, taking big gulps, filling myself up.

The TV was on, Zack was sleeping on his stomach with no shirt on. But of course, he has pants, his soft, brown hair was messy cute, covering his forehead, I can smell his body wash from here, so I'm guessing he took a shower right then.

I set my drink on Zack's side nightstand, I lifted up his smooth hair out of the way, now seeing his whole face more clearly, I giggled.

I looked for a rubber band in my bag that was for those crackers, so that they didn't get stale. What I did with the rubber band was I tied his hair on a mini ponytail right on top.

What do some people call it? Apple hair.

I couldn't help it, his hair was long enough, it even looks cute on him, so I took a picture.

I went to the bathroom, showered, changed into my pajamas and brushing my teeth as usual.

I put the raspberry tea in the mini fridge, I didn't want to have to brush my teeth again, then I plugged my nightlight in, turned the lights off, except for the TV, Zack was still sleeping in the middle of the bed with the ponytail on, not yet realizing it, yet.

There was nothing much to watch as I changed channels every second, I hate the news, I only want peace, sadly, it's just likely not going to happened because no one can agree on the same thing, and other reasons, also a sign of boredom.

I heard whimpering coming from Zack, it was like he was having a nightmare, it gets worse by every second, so I shook him until he woke up, "Zack! It's okay, I'm here." He wakes up and gets startled, tears were coming down his cheeks.

"It's fine, I'm here." I held him, comforted him, hugged him.

It took a while for him to calm down, he held me tight like he was afraid I'd leave, crying on my shoulder, these are probably the awful nightmares he was talking about, it must scare him a lot.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked.

"Staying close to me is fine, that's all I need."

"Okay." I said softly, caressing his hair, the bottom part.

"What's making my hair feel weird?" Zack's hand reaches to the top, and felt his little ponytail, I laughed.

I quickly stopped laughing as soon as I was pushed down by Zack and was on top of me.

"Take it off," he commanded, but I didn't do so.

I shook my head, "No, you look cute with that high ponytail on."

He leans in closer, "Take it of." He warned with a grin creeping up on his face.

"No," I giggled.

He smirks, "Remember, you asked for it,"

He leans down towards me, his lips once again connects with my swollen ones.

I guess today's make out session wasn't enough.

The weird thing is, I haven't been able to resist, yet the weirdest part is I liked it, and I like Zack.

~~~