Not enough

We got out the car and Sqaishey patted my shoulder. I turned to her and she pointed to a man who was walking towards us.

"Is that Nicholas?" I whispered. She nodded shaking.

I grabbed her hand and we ran into the police station

We were interviewed and they listened to the recordings of the phone calls but they said there wasn't enough evidence to arrest him!

As we walked out the ploice station me and Sqaishey held hands and she rested her head on my shoulder.

Suddenly she lifted her head and let go of my hand.

"What's up?" I asked worriedly.

"I have to go" She ran across the car park and I chased after her. She stopped at a road and looked behind her, she looked straight past me so I looked.

It was Nicholas.

I turned back around and Sqaishey was running across the motorway. She ran across the first side and I followed

She hurdled the metal barrier and ran across the next road. She stopped in the middle.

I looked. A lorry was driving fast towards her! It was getting close so I ran.

I launched myself at her, wrapping my arms around her. 

We got to the other side of the road and I accidentally tackled her to the ground.

"Stampy get off me" she groaned. I rolled off of her.

"Why didn't you say something?" I asked slowly,

"I'm sorry. I didn't think I had time. If I stayed he would have hurt you, I didn't want you to get hurt!" she said sadly

I sighed and pulled her into a hug. 

"I love you baby, I'd do anything to protect you! and to stay with you" I kissed her lightly on her nose.