On Their Knees

This is my first one shot so don't be judgy lol. I also was not feeling creative today so bear with me cause this one is crap {the others probably will be too}. Please just constrictive criticism if I mess up. Thank you!

After Homecoming, but Tony bought back the tower for all the Avengers.

2,843 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Peter came to in a dark room and his senses were instantly overwhelmed by the musty, damp smell. He blinked a couple times to drive off the sleep that was tugging at his eyelids. He looked around the room to take in the stone walls and concrete floor, the non-existent door, the water leaking from the ceiling and dripping onto his unruly hair, the thin chains holding him to the wall, the drain in the center of the room, and the mysterious stains that littered the whole room in splatters and splotches. 

     His head whipped towards the wall opposite him when he heard footsteps. He watched the wall intently, glaring when a small seam appeared and a hidden door opened into the room. Peter watched as a tall man walked in, two shorter people in lab coats scampering behind him, pushing a small table into the room. Peter couldn't quite make out the object on the table, but could tell that they were metal and sharp. 

     That was the first time that the panic came. It was completely announced, crashing into his brain and twisting his stomach as his thoughts raced around in never ending circles. Peter was well aware that many people would gladly experiment on mutants, yet the fact had never really affected him, had never really been a real issue, until now.

     Peter scolded himself, trying to get his panic under control. He was already in a bad situation, and panicking would be no help. He watched the man wearily and stayed in his position even if he knew that it would take really no effort to break free of the flimsy chains. He didn't know what weapons these people had, how they would react if he suddenly started fighting. He was spider-man, but he could still be hurt. And the fact that he hadn't eaten in two days wouldn't help any injuries either, sense his healing was affected by his diet.

     "So, this is the famous Spider-Man. Huh. I wasn't expecting a kid, but a job is a job." The man walked over to Peter, who held his ground, standing as straight as he could, his head held high, his eyes never leaving the mans.

     "Well, kid, if you haven't figured it out already, we know you are Spider-Man, and we, or rather I, was given a job. My job is to kidnap you, experiment on you, then kill you and leave your body on the doorstep of the Avengers Tower for your little.....friends," he sneered.

     Panic came for the second time. Not for himself, but for the others. How broken would they be if his body was found on their property? He could imagine it now. Steve would be the one to find him, sense he is always up first. He would open the door to go on his morning run and trip over something walking out. He would turn and there would be Peter, broken and bleeding, his glazed eyes seemingly staring into Steve's.

    No. You'll be fine. You need to get out.

   Peter gritted his teeth, glaring daggers at the man who was now so close to him that Peter could feel his hot breath on his face. He let out a low growl, and the man laughed at him.

     "Oh, and you have a message from my boss. Let me read it for you!"

     The man pulled a piece of crumpled paper from his pocket with a flourish, unfolding it and clearing his throat dramatically.

     "'So, I see you managed to escape my trap yet again. This time, however, I have made sure you will never escape. You really are a good person. Shame I have to kill you, Pedro. You would have been perfect for my little Liz.' Now, I have no idea what that could possibly mean, but that was your message."