Chapter Two

Chapter Two
Boned at the Boneyard

Word Count: 5.1k

When we got to the island, we didn't exactly know what to do. We maneuvered our way around distressed people. It was always like this after a hurricane - people needing help of all kinds.

John B and JJ went into the coast guard building to talk to someone. Pope, Kie, and I waited for them at the entrance. Well, to say we waited was an understatement. We were there for maybe a minute or two before they came back. No one would listen to them.

"Well, that went well." Pope saw the encounter, while I was busy anxiously waiting to leave. Crowds like these weren't for me.

JJ rested his arm on John B's shoulder. "So, what's the plan?" 

John B lifted the key in his hand, lightly shaking it. "I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat."

"We don't know whose room that is." Pope stepped up a little. "It could be anyone."

JJ took the key from John B. "I'm in," he said as he tossed it to Kie.

She caught it easily. "Come on." She smiled at Pope. "I'll be lookout."

I smiled a little and took to key from Kie. "Lookout's a pretty important job," I say with a little giggle as we start on our way away.

JJ comes up behind me and grabs my arm, pulling me back into him. "Will you be my personal look out?" He asks with a wink.

With a giggle I bit my lip, trying hard to will away my blush. "Yeah, in your dreams." I push him back away from me, jogging to catch up with Kie.

She wraps her arm around me waist as JJ calls out to me. "You know you're in my dreams!" He tries to say in a suave voice.

----

We all had got into the HMS Pogue and set off to go to the motel the key belonged to. I honestly didn't know if this was a good idea. There was a chance that maybe this person was still alive, and maybe in their motel room. That didn't make too much sense, as we had the key, but it was still a possibility.

As we got closer, JJ whistled at the appearance of the place. "I thought the Chateau looked bad." That was an accurate reaction. I would say the place looked like a hurricane hit it, but, you know.

"This place is a shitshow." John B agreed as JJ took out the anchor.

"Motel, or meth lab?" Kie added in.

"More like abandoned gang hangout." I piped up, narrowing my eyes at the motel. This place had bad news written all over it.

"You be the judge." Pope replied to us.

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady-White would stay." John B points out. 

"No. Looks like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope said nonchalantly.

I let out a nervous breath. "No big deal at all..." I say quietly.

"Alright. Here we go. This is your captain speaking." He says in his announcer voice. "HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." He jumps off onto land and anchors the ship right by where he is.

"We good?" John B asks after a minute.

"Yeah, we good." 

"Alright. Here goes nothin'."

John B got off the boat and stood by JJ as Pope started talking. "Hey," he pointed at JJ. "Don't let him do anything stupid."

Everyone's eyes went to JJ. "Oh, he will."