Chapter Six

Chapter Six
Apple of my Gold Eye

Word Count: 3.5k

I told Kie everything about the party and what happened. Everything, minus the fact Sarah is the one that made me go and the one to ditch me as soon as we arrived. She had her reasoning, and I know that. Just cause we're twins doesn't mean we want or have to hang out together all the time.

She helped me clean up my makeup, giving me a few words of encouragement, some having to do with a certain boy that was shoving french fries down his throat.

I tried to brush those off, but my mind instantly went to the dock. If John B hadn't interrupted us, would JJ have kissed me? What would be different about today if he did? 

So many questions swarmed through my head. I couldn't focus, and I knew I needed to get home. After Kie was done, I thanked her, gave her the biggest hug before said goodbye. We walked out of the bathroom and I said my goodbyes to the boys as I walked outside.

Kie walked with me all the way outside, asking if I needed a ride. I said I was alright with walking, before saying another goodbye to her and finally leaving.

When I got home I knew I was going to have to be extremely quiet. Dad didn't know Sarah and I went out. If he was asleep, that would be even better for me. Once inside, instead of going to my room, I go to Sarah's. We were going to be talking all night.

----

Sarah and I were going to spend the day together. We both didn't have the best experience at the party, so we decided to take a girls' day. And that meant I could dress however the hell I wanted.

Before our day really started, Sarah went out to go take care of something while I got ready. I texted Kie since I knew she probably had connection, saying I was spending the day with family. She texted me back saying that was fine, and to swing around anytime I could. Easy enough. They were also testing out the drone today so tomorrow we could go out and look for the Royal Merchant. That I was excited for.

Sarah came back after a little while.

"So, where'd ya go?" I asked, sitting on her bed as she got ready.

She shrugged, pulled a shirt over her bathing suit. "I just got back at your little friend."

My eyes widen a little. "You talked to John B, Sarah?"

"Yeah. I wasn't going to let what he said to me go." She turned to look at me.

I understood why she did it. I just hoped none of the Pogues were going to start suspecting anything. "So, what's the first thing on our agenda?"

"I think, first things first, you gonna wear that?" She looked me up and down.

I groaned, flopping back onto her bed. "Sarah, today is supposed to be my lazy day. I don't wanna dress up or anything." I whined.

"Okay, okay fine. Just stop acting like a baby." She laughed and walked over in front of me, grabbing my hands to try and pull me up.

I was dead weight, not letting her move me in the slightest. "But I am a baby."

She laughed and shook her head, dropping my hands. "That you are."

----

We had a great day. It was full of stuff to do, but not overbearing and too much to handle. I missed times where I could be my twin-self with my other half.