Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
Can't Take the Gold, Get Out of the Van

Word Count: 4.5k

John B was quick to come up with a plan. "We're gonna go, we're gonna melt down the bricks so they're not traceable." He listed off as we walked up a pathway. Sarah and I nodded, walking on either side of him.

He had dropped everyone off at their respectful residences and then drove to our place. 

"This afternoon," he continues. "We'll take it to the pawnshop, and then after that, we're gonna pay for JJ's restitution."

I sighed a little in relief. No matter how I have been feeling, JJ didn't deserve that restitution. He didn't deserve everything he went through. I might not know the extent of everything, but I knew he was a good guy.

"How many bars?" Sarah asked, making me look over at her. I was kind of curious about that too.

John B stuttered a little, running a hand through his hair. "I-I don't know. It was all muddy." He suddenly stopped and faced the two of us. "I think it was like 500."

"500?" I repeated, eyes wide. "Holy god..." I mutter, shaking my head.

"600." He changed, not sure.

Sarah laughed a little. "600 bars of gold?"

He shook his head. "I don't know. It could be a thousand. Look, it was all muddy, but it was everywhere. Covering the walls, stacks of it. 400 million dollars. It's all there."

I laughed in disbelief as Sarah spoke. "Hey, that's crazy!"

We might have grown up rich, but I never really saw or got to use any of that money. Having even a small fraction of 400 million was unbelievable.

"We did it..." I shake my head with a smile.

John B nodded with a bigger smile than mine. "We did. Now we just have to get it out of there."

Sarah moved forward, closer to him. "Right. So how will we do that?"

We started to walk into the house as we explained things. "Pope came up with this plan that's genius-" I started, him cutting me off.

"Which Adara helped with." He used as his interrupter.

I shook my head, walking behind them slightly. "No, no. All credit goes to Pope. 100%."

John B and I took turns explaining the plan to Sarah before Dad came out of nowhere. "Hey." 

His appearance startled me a little, but I had to quickly compose myself. Thankfully John B was quick to shut up about everything.

We all said a greeting at the same time as I walked up next to Sarah.

He looked between the three of us. "What are you three plotting?"

"Uh..." John B faltered, not sure of what he could say to convince him.

I butt in, knowing Dad wouldn't give a shit about what I say. "Usual teenager things."

Sarah nods, adding to what I said. "World domination."

We look at each other with a little smile before looking back at Dad at the same time. He was nodding his head slowly at us, almost skeptically.

"That's my girls. Always aiming high." I was surprised he added me to that. Sarah was his pretty pink princess. I was the little lady-in-waiting. Or sad secret princess.