Chapter Five

Chapter Five
Get Lust Out of Your System, Boys

Word Count: 5.2k

I gave Sarah some half-assed response. I just told her that I had no idea. She could tell something was off but didn't push it any further.

That whole night I couldn't sleep. Guilt was sitting on my chest and refusing to move. Leftover fear from the day's events poked me in the side every once in a while, teasing and mocking me. 

By the time the sun barely made it into the sky, I was out of bed, dressed, and on my way to the Chateau. I left a note for Sarah saying what I was doing, in a sort of code. We had come up with one right after I explained my friends and that whole situation to her. We always loved doing stuff like that.

I also asked her to cover for me today. We had this volunteer, clean the beach thing to do. Yes, that was really important, but so are friends. So much is going on, I can't leave them. Not yet. Not ever, really. Well, unless Sarah really needed me. My twin came slightly before the Pogues.

I had got there so early, no one was up. I tiptoed through the house, it being quiet except for the shift once in a while from John B or JJ in bed. 

I went back outside, making sure to open and close the backdoor as quiet as I could. I slipped off my shoes and held them in my one hand as I walked to the dock. I set them down at the start of the dock before walking to the end.

Sitting down, my toes barely touched the water. Sometimes you just forget how short you are. 

Humming softly to myself, I looked at the reflection of the rising sun in the cool, blue water. It was breathtaking. I wasn't a morning person, but morning like these make me want to wake up at the crack of dawn all the time.

I must have lost track of time because a presence plopped down next to me. His feet actually went into the water.

"You know, your clothes keep getting better and better each day." He said with a wide smirk.

I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips. He had that effect on me. "Well, I actually have a reason for it today."

"Ooo." He hummed, leaning back on the palms of his hands. "Is it a date? With a certain extremely handsome, sexy, amazing blonde that is close to you at this very moment?"

At the time of day it was, the sun made his hair, if it was even possible, more golden. The reflection of light in his eyes made them seem like pools. 

I wish... I laughed that thought away and shook my head. "Nope. I have a party to go to later tonight."

"A party? Oh, I'm so down. Will there be booze?" He asked.

"JJ," I shake my head. "You're not coming."

"What? Why not? Is it cause I'm too hot? You don't want other girls to try and take me? Because if so, I'll follow you around like a lost puppy and make sure everyone knows I'm with you." 

I didn't know why JJ was saying things like this. Sure, he's a major flirt, but he's never gone this far really.

"As wonderful as that sounds," I joke to him, even though I did like the idea. "You can't come."

He sat up, looking to get defensive. Probably just an act. "Well fine. You're the one missing our adventures here."

I leaned over towards JJ. "And would you please fill me in on these adventures?" I batted my eyelashes, giving him puppy dog eyes.