Sneak Peek

I'm gonna do a quick author's note before I get into the sneak peek!

I just want to thank everyone again! Those that have been reading since the beginning or have joined in in the middle or the end, thank you! It means so much to me to see you enjoying my writing. I always love the cute comments you guys write.

Secret Princess is done for now, but as soon as season 2 comes out it'll be started up again!

But without further adieu, here's the sneak peek! Kudos to you if you can guess what it's from and or what pairing it is. I'll give you a hint - it was kind of alluded to in Chapter Eight. It's a huge series.

I may or may not have altered some words to not give anything away. Words that have been changed will be written in [brackets].

====

Eleanor's surroundings looked to be unfamiliar, but they felt like she really belonged here. Like it was her home.

A painting was the first thing that caught her eye. She moved closer to it, and the girl in the painting appeared to move with her. She looked to be a year or two older. Her eyes were a beautiful blue, innocent yet holding back a lot. From a distance, her hair to appear to be black. Upon closer inspection, it was actually a really dark brown with a red tint.

She carefully reached out to trace her features. The surface was smooth and cold. It wasn't a painting at all. It was a mirror.

"Eleanor?"

She spun around as a boy called out her name. She froze as she stared into his eyes. They were a sparklingly green. Greener than the loveliest emerald. His hair was a ruffled raven mop. Ruffled into a perfectly messy bunch.

Her instinct was to take a step closer to him, but she didn't know him. Did she?

She should know him...

He took a step closer to her, eyebrows furrowed. "Eleanor?" He asked in the same tone as before, just with a little more concern.

How did he know her name? How did he know her name, yet she couldn't figure out if she was even supposed to be here?

~~~

She hurried inside before taking her time to look around. It wasn't as big as she was expecting it to be, but seemed to be a perfect size for its purpose. Boxes upon boxes littered every wall, and there was a small desk Wesley was waiting for her at.

"[This] is the best place to get your [item]." He pulled out his [item] and showed it to her. It was probably over a foot long. The color was like a red that was more on the tan side. There was a sphere where the handle of the [item] ends. The handle had grooves that went completely around it.

Eleanor didn't realize she had been reaching for it until Wesley slapped her hand away. "Wait for your own."

"But how am I supposed to choice?" She ask, looking around again. "There's so many different ones." Her slumped shoulders a at the thought of being here all day. She was supposed to be able to settle in today, meet some new people, and maybe get started on the years of spells she's behind on. But no. Nothing works out her way.

"You don't choose the [item], Miss. The [item] chooses you." She jumped at the man who seemed to suddenly appear behind the desk. He was an older man, hair long and white. Just not as long as the Headmaster's.

Wesley smiled at him. "[Dude], this is-"

"Eleanor Gobbish. I know."

Her surprised turned to shock. "How...?" How did everyone already seem to know who she was?

He smiled at the two of them. "Well, I've been expecting you." He went under the desk and pulled out a singular long box. "You're a little later than I was expecting, but here nonetheless." He opened it and took out a [item], handing it to her. "Your great-grandmother owned this [item], and her great grandmother before her."

She spun it around in her hand after taking it. It looked to be brand new, despite being well over 100 years old. It was a pretty [item], one that looked better than Wesley's. Naturally, it was shorter by a couple inches. While it was similar in the red shade, it had more of a gold tone along with it. Instead of a sphere where the handle was to end, there were two side by side braided juts. The handle itself was the best part - it looked like it had been intricately designed with different little patterns.

Eleanor was going to ask what she should do with it when green and blue sparks shot out from the tip. Squealing, the [item] fell from her hand and she brought them to her mouth.

What did she do? Did she just break it? Can you break [it]? What were those sparks? If she touched them, could they have hurt her? Could she accidently hurt someone with this [item]?

Wesley started to laugh at his sisters panicked expression while [the man] picked the [item] back up.

"Now, I remember every [item] I have sold. Never have I seen a [item] pick its owner that way." He carefully places the [item] in her hand, closing her fist around it himself. "Take good care of it, and it will help you do extraordinary things like the previous owners."

Extraordinary things? How could she do extraordinary things when she didn't even know how to do ordinary things?

====

I feel like if you really like this series, you'll know immediately what it is. This one is easier to guess that the last.

I really hope, if you're interested, that you go check out this book when I publish it. I'm gonna give myself a bit of a break. One that's longer than the last, as I have a lot of writing to do. I'm thinking of publishing the first chapter maybe in two weeks.