Ninth chapter

I woke up at five in the morning when the clock rang. I stopped it angrily. It's too early. Although Alex told me I need to lie down early I was unable to fall asleep. I was wondering what would happen tomorrow and now I'm tired. It is rare for me not to sleep for eight hours. If it happens, I'm very grumpy. I started getting dressed. I combed and I tied my hair in a bun. While I brushed my teeth, I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. Dark circles were disfigured under my eyes. I decided to do my makeup after the breakfast. Then went down to eat something before we left. I saw Alex at the hall.

"Good...morning!" He said and looked at me. What do I say now? I'm not in my best form.

"Good morning!" I growled without even looking at him. I went into the kitchen and immediately reached for the cup of coffee on the table.

"I'll get your bags down while you are eating." Alex said through the opened door.

"Ok." I said. I sat down to eat the scrambled eggs, if I remember correctly, because my eyes were still half closed.

"Hello...Amanda." Jason appeared in the doorway. He held back his laughter.

"I should have closed the door." I whispered and I took a deep breath. "Don't keep it to yourself!" I said.

"The phrase holds that everyone is the most beautiful in the morning. This doesn't seem to be true for everyone." I tried to look at him angrily, but I yawned.

"It is always a pleasure to see you. You should be elsewhere, don't you?" I looked at my breakfast.

"Someone is very grumpy in the morning." I put the fork on the plate. I crumpled the napkin next to me and threw it towards him. It fell at his feet.

"You still have to practice it!" He said as he bent down, picked it up and threw it in the trash. I continued my breakfast silently without even paying attention for him. "Don't you look at me now? I thought we were friends." I raised my head in surprise. I also stopped chewing.

"Jason! Don't bother Amanda! We have to go to the airport not for long. You rather help me unpack the packages." Alex said.

"How much is left?" Jason asked.

"Three suitcases and two bags." Alex said. Jason sighed.

"I would say I'm amazed." He said, glancing at me and headed for the stairs.

"If you were a girl too..." I started to say.

"Yeah. Yeah. I know." He said and closed the door. He is so annoying sometimes. I rolled my eyes and continued my breakfast. When I finished, I stepped out the door and I saw that Jason brought down the last suitcase.

"Will you take your whole wardrobe?" Jason asked while he tried to come down the stairs carefully.

"It is possible." I said.

"Are you ready?" Alex asked.

"I'm still applying my makeup fast and we can go." I said and I headed for the stairs.

"It's still about an hour. I just saying." Jason said.

"We didn't ask about your makeup habits." Alex said with a grin. "You have about twenty minutes." I nodded.

"Ha-ha." Jason said. When I almost reached him, I looked up at him with narrowed eyes. He stretched out his tongue.

"Don't be childish Jason!" Alex said. He can't see me just my back. Jason rolled his eyes and walked past me.

"Can she be childish? Don't I? This is not fair." He said offended.

"She is still a minor. You are already an adult. Only on paper but adult." I laughed and I heard someone hit something. I looked back and I saw Alex was beating Jason's back and he almost was falling so Jason hit Alex's arm.