Twenty-third chapter

Everyone stood there in shock. I was looking at Alex with widened eyes and I couldn't even interpret what he said earlier. I heard from a distance that someone was starting to running, and someone was shouting after the person to stop and that person was gone too but I couldn't focus on anyone just him. I stepped back one step.

"Say this is not true!" I said slowly.

"It's the only truth. William isn't your father." He said.

"No. No. No." I grabbed my hair and started to step backwards. I tried to not cry. Alex walked towards me.

"Stay there!" I screamed and started to cry. "It's just a joke. It must be a joke." I mumbled while I looked at the ground.

"Please!" He said pleadingly. "Let me explain!" I shook my head.

"You lie." I screamed.

"Honey. He isn't lying." The old lady said. "I confirm." I just shook my head and I ran away. I have no idea where I wanted to go, but I failed. Alex hugged me. I couldn't move. I just cried endlessly. When he thought I was no longer going anywhere he let me go and stood in front of me.

"When? Why? I don't understand anything." I said in a trembling voice.

"I will explain everything later. Please calm down now!" He said. It is easy to tell when such facts are communicated to a person.

"Who else knew this fact in the castle?" I asked.

"Please don't discuss this here!" He said. I tossed one with my foot.

"I want to hear!" I screamed. He sighed.

"Your mom." He said.

"My mom?" I asked in disbelief.

"Please! Let's go out of here." He wanted to grab my arm, but I stepped back.

"Tell me now!" I screamed.

"You can't talk to me like that." He said in a raised voice.

"Because it turned out that you were my father who had been there near me all my life and who hadn't told me the little fact that he was my father all the time." I said angrily.

"I couldn't tell you." He said sadly.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's a long story." He said.

"You have enough time to tell me because I won't move a foot from here." I folded my arms and I looked at him seriously.

"You inherited this stubbornness from your mother." He smiled.

"Don't deviate from the topic." I looked at him with narrowed eyes. He sighed.

"Your mom and I met in the castle about twenty years ago. I got a job there as a waiter. I never really knew your mom. We only saw each other sometimes. I have always considered her beautiful, but I couldn't tell her that because she is a royal sprig and I am only an average person. I took breakfast to her room every day. One day she wasn't in her bed. I put the breakfast on her table, and I heard that someone closed the door. Then she confessed that she loved me. I wanted to go out because I thought maybe she drank too much the last night or something else. She was too stubborn, and I was too stupid. Then we met constantly every day. Three months later she told her parents that she was pregnant. Her parents became very angry and asked who did it with her. She said nothing. They found out somehow that I had done it and fired me. I felt very bad and wanted to apologize from them. However, I read in the newspaper that she was going to marry a prince and I never wanted to see her again. She sent a picture of you secretly every month after your birth. I didn't even want to look it for a long time. Once my mom took out the letters from the mailbox and accidentally opened my letter because she thought it was an account. Of course, she questioned why I get pictures of a baby. I told her the truth about why they fired me. She listened to my story crying and handed me the pictures. You were so small and resembling me that I decided I needed to see you. I tried to get close to you for ten years. It didn't work. I told my family that I was moving to Florida to start a new life. James was very understanding. My mom tried to stop me, but eventually accepted my decision. I couldn't live there knowing you were close, but I still couldn't see you. I met with Marissa at my new job. She somehow pulled the truth out of me during one of our dates. So, I found out she has kids too. We moved in together. I tried to get along well with the kids, but Liz always knew I didn't belong to their family. About two years later I got a phone call. James said your mother's parents had died. I didn't go to the funeral, but I got a letter from her which I didn't open it. Marissa found the letter and read it. She said it was a job offer that I should accept. She was so supportive in getting to know you. Thanks to her I came to the castle. I was nervous to finally met with you, but I was more nervous about how your mother would behave. She behaved and talked completely differently as before. She grew up for the tasks and accepted her fate. We both saw the situation differently than we used to. The point is to get to know you which I wouldn't exchange for anything else." He finished his speech. I stared at him in shock. I even forgot to blink or took air. I just stood like a column.