Tenth chapter

"Give me!" A girl screamed.

"No! This is an important match!" A boy screamed too. Alex sighed.

"You always say that!" She said.

"They are my kids as you hear. Take off your shoes please." I did. There were a couple of coats hanging on the rack and shoes on the floor in the foreground, so I put mine next to them. Alex entered the following door, so we were standing in a hallway.

"This is the kitchen." He pointed on his right. "There is a toilet." He pointed in front of himself. "The stairs lead up to the kids' rooms, to my room, to the other toilet and a bathroom." He stepped forward at the stairs and turned left. "This is my working room." He pointed to the left. "You can usually find me here and this is the other bathroom." He pointed to the right. "The room in front of us is the living room, as you can hear they are here." He referred to his children. He opened the living room door and he entered.

"I came." He said.

"Dad!" The boy exclaimed with joy and walked over to him and hugged him. I hadn't entered yet, but I could see the boy's blond hair and blue eyes. He didn't notice me.

"Tell him to give me the remote control because the BNHA will start soon." The girl said but I couldn't see her.

"Noel! Give her a remote control! " Alex looked down at him.

"I don't want." Noel said.

"Noel!" Alex raised his voice a bit.

"Ok." Noel sighed and disappeared.

Alex looked at me and he signaled with his head to I come in. I entered in fear.

The wall is green. There is a brown leather sofa on the left where kids sat, but they couldn't see me because there was a bookshelf at the wall so there was about a meter between them. I saw mostly their backs. In front of the couch has the plasma TV, under it has a closet with remote controls and consoles. As the cabinet door is made of glass it was easy to see that there are film cassettes there. To the left have green plants. On right side close to me has a wooden table with an orange corner sofa and in front of it have two wooden wardrobes. Two meters in front of them a Christmas tree. I looked at the decorated tree incomprehensibly. I wish we had Christmas every day!

"Liz! Noel! I would like to introduce someone to you." Alex said. They both suddenly looked at him first and after at me. The boy's eyes lit up, but the girl's deep blue eyes were inscrutable. I have never seen such blue eyes.

"She is Amanda. James' adopted daughter. She will spend three weeks here with us. Please treat her like a guest!"

"Yeah!" Noel shouted loudly. He stood up and walked towards me. I didn't even have time to think he had already grabbed my left hand and started pulling me out. For the last time I looked back and I saw that Liz stared at me suspiciously. Noel didn't even stop at the stairs. We went up and he opened a door and pulled me into the room where he closed the door.

The wall is gray but covered with plenty of posters. On the left was a bed with a blue blanket with white pillows. There is also a chest of drawers with a TV. Opposite the TV are two chairs. There is a desk with a blue wheelchair, a small glass table and cabinets with figurines on it.

"Do you know how to play Need for speed?" He asked and gave me a controller.

"No, I don't." I said shyly.

"No problem. This is a controller. Press this and your car can accelerate. You turn with that. You stop with that." I followed with my eyes what he was pointing. He looked up at me. "I'd rather show you." Thereby it happened that for the first time in my life I grabbed a controller and played with someone. After about two hours I figured out quite well what to press or how to turn with the car when he was saying something.