Twentieth chapter

In the morning I woke up tiredly. I could barely feel my limbs. Luckily, I didn't drink a lot of alcohol and I could be sober. Mostly. That couldn't be said of Liz. I remembered what she said, the kiss oh my god and I blushed again. Whether she meant what she said or drank too much and brought all the nonsense together? The problem is I have no idea. While I was brushing my teeth, I wondered how I should behave or how she would react to me at all. Did she regret it? After all, she has a boyfriend and I won't be here long. After I was done with everything I went into the kitchen in fear. It was about nine in the morning, but Noel is already having breakfast. Is he never tired?

"Liz said me yesterday that you and she give me the present today." Noel said excitedly.

"Together?" I asked in surprised.

"You chose the gift together. She said that." He said.

"Oh. Really. I forget it." I lied.

"Did you consume a lot of beverage, right?" He asked with a smile.

"If you could." I whispered.

"Sorry. I haven't heard. Can you repeat it?" He asked.

"We didn't drink that much." I lied again.

"Dad told about Liz. She probably won't even get up just in the afternoon." He said.

Liz entered in the kitchen at that moment. She went to the cupboard and took out a bowl and spoon and sat down in front of me. She put the cereal in the bowl and poured milk on it. She didn't really care that I had been watching her constantly with the suffocating air since she entered. She looked up at me with a tired expression on her face.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked phlegmatically and started to eat. I looked in shock. She really handles so loosely what happened yesterday. What did I think?

"Nothing." I whispered and hard but continued eating. The cereal had a bitter taste. I almost started to cry so I bit my lip. Why does this indifference hurt?

"When I get the gift?" Noel asked.

"Later." She said without looking up.

"Don't do it." He said. We noticed a phone ring. Liz reached into her pocket and picked it up.

"Hi Aaron." She looked at me and I looked at my food.

"Why did you step down yesterday without saying goodbye?" I heard dully.

"I don't know. I don't even know when I stepped down. I don't remember much." She said thoughtfully.

"Can we meet?" He asked.

"I'm in room captivity." She said and rolled her eyes.

"Fuck. Whatever. Bye." We didn't hear anything else.

"Did something happen yesterday that we had to step down?" I looked into her eyes for a while. I can't believe she didn't remember it.

"Nothing." I said finally. Perhaps this is the best solution for both of us. She stared strangely for a while with her frosty blue eyes, as if she guessed something but she shrugged finally.

"Whatever. Someone maybe knows." She looked down her bowl and finished the cereal. I looked in shock. I hope Izzy won't bring up this topic tomorrow or at least not near Liz. If that turned out she will hate me, but I don't want that.

After lunch we that is Liz handed the gift for Noel and he opened it in front of us. Of course, there was a video game and a comic in it.

"Oh my god. Thank you, Liz." He hugged Liz. She just standing in frozen.