Twenty-ninth chapter

"Can I go to her room?" Noel asked excitedly.

"One by one." She said with a smile. "Don't upset her now! She needs to rest." She said and walked away.

"Can I go to the room? Please!" Noel asked and looked at Alex. He sighed.

"Go." He said. Noel almost fell in such a hurry.

"You can go next if he is willing to come out once." He said with a smile.

"I was already inside. Don't you want to see how she is?"

"Believe me. She isn't ready to see me or talk with me. I'll talk to her as soon as she will get better and at home, I will tie her to a chair so that she cannot cause any harm to herself." He said.

"It's not funny." I said.

"I didn't mean it as a joke." He said.

"It's a bit exaggeration." I said.

"She almost died. Again. This isn't an exaggeration." He mumbled.

Then we sat in silence. John went away to drink a coffee and Noel came out, so I went in the room again. I took a deep breath and opened the door. She was still lying there. As soon as she saw me, she sat a little above.

"Auch!" She touched her arm.

"Don't sit up! You need to rest." I said and walked closer to her. I think she cried. "Why did you do that?" I whispered. She sighed.

"Because of everything. Aaron. Learning. University. Ball Queen title. That's a lot. Damn a lot. This is too much." She said without looking at me. "I don't know how I should do it alone."

"You are not alone. I am here." I said.

"And how long? For five days? Thanks! And afterwards?" She looked at me with a teary eyes. I wiped away her tears with my right hand. She closed her eyes.

"Everything will be fine." I said.

"You always say that, but it didn't work." She said resignedly.

"Close your eyes!" I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Just do it!" I said. She sighed but she did.

"How do you envision yourself five years later?" I asked.

"Really?" She asked but she didn't open her eyes.

"What are you going to deal with? Tell the truth not what others expect." I said. She sighed.

"Fashion designer at the Vogue." She said with a smile. I smiled.

"Good. Is Aaron there?" I asked in fear.

"No." She said.

"Will the title of prom queen be important for you?" She frowned.

"Yeah but it is impossible alone." She said.

"Will it be important to you five years later?" I asked.

"Maybe not." She said.

"Maybe?" I asked.

"Ok. More than likely not." I cleared my throat. "It won't." She said finally.

"Will you do everything to reach your goal?" I asked. She nodded. "I want to hear from you later that you are happy." She lowered her head and opened her eyes. She looked at her hands seriously. "What's wrong?"

"I won't be happy never." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't tell you." She said.