Thirteenth chapter

Noel said he was hungry, so we went down to eat. Alex packed things in front of us but didn't look at me. He went to the counter to bring us the soup. I got up and walked over to him. When he saw me, he looked away from me.

"I'm very sorry for what I said." I whispered. He sighed.

"Never mind." He smiled.

"What are you whispering about?" Noel asked.

"She just told me that she will defeat you again." He lied with a smile.

"Surly not! I will win!" He shouted. Alex and I laughed. Liz then appeared in the doorway.

"What's so funny?" She asked tiredly.

"Nothing." Noel said. Liz slowly sat down in the chair in front of mine.

"Why didn't you say we were eating?" She asked. I sat back in my chair.

"I thought you still wanted to sleep a little before you know the punishment." She moaned. Alex put down the soup bowl in front of us. Noel started taking the soup and Alex sat down next to Liz.

"Just forget and you're done. Am I still alive? Isn't it important?" Liz asked.

"It's important. I decided I won't figure out your punishment. Someone else will." Liz looked at him questioningly.

"When who?" She asked.

"Amanda." My hand stopped in the air with the spoon.

"What?" Liz and I asked at the same time.

"You didn't really even apologize to her." Alex said to Liz.

"Why?" Liz asked.

"For your behavior." He said.

"My behavior?" She said in a raised voice.

"Not necessary." I said. Liz and Alex looked at me. "I know what your punishment is." She folded her hands and looked at me with narrowed eyes. "You have to play with Noel with whatever he wants and have to talk with Alex. You know what." She stood up.

"I will complete the first. The second is an impossible mission." She said seriously looking at me and walked towards the door. I got up too and wanted to follow her, but Alex came after me and grabbed my wrist.

"I know you want to help. Sometimes you have to let things get better on their own." I sighed. I sat back in the chair. I ate a few spoons of the soup, but I didn't really have an appetite. I mostly swirled the soup.

"Can I go?" I asked.

"Don't you eat anymore?" I shook my head. "Go!" He said after a few seconds of silence. I went up to the stairs. As I walked past the toilet, I heard someone is sniffing. I knocked after a little listening. The sound ceased.

"Are you ok?" I asked but nobody answered. "I will come."

"Don't come in!" Liz said with a muffled voice, but her voice trailed off. "Let's say it doesn't really matter." I slowly opened the door. Some sharp smell hit my nose. I opened the door completely. Liz was sitting next to the toilet. She bowed his head on her pulled knees and took a deep breath constantly.

"What does that smell?" I asked. She didn't answer, so I squatted down in front of her and raised her head. Her eyes were red. She didn't look at me, but she looked tired. I let go of her face and I touched her back with my left hand while with my right hand I reached under her knees and lift her up. I didn't think she is too heavy, I thought it well, but I didn't expect that her weight is too light. As I suddenly lift her up, she embraced my neck. I quickly transferred her to her room before she objected or said something. After I opened the door, I slowly put her on the bed and closed the door. When I turned, I saw she completely wrapped up with the blanket so I couldn't see her face. "Why do you make it harder?" I sighed. I went over and pulled the blanket off of her quickly. She rolled over to the other bed and covered herself with the other blanket. I took a deep breath. I laid the blanket on the edge of the bed. "Alex told me what happened." I said when I sit down on the bed. "Liz. It wasn't his fault."