Chapter 4

Unforeseen Encounters

(Siddharth)

The branch manager struggled to convince Mr. Guwda to accept the previously settled price for the land, but the cunning individual refused to budge during negotiations. The entire deal hung in the balance as Mr. Guwda suddenly changed his mind at the last minute. Desperate to reach Ved, the manager repeatedly dialed his phone, but it remained unreachable. Time was running out as the RealSteel representatives were expected to arrive any moment, and the manager feared that the deal would collapse. He had informed the main office's legal team about the problem the previous day, yet there had been no response.

"You can't simply raise your demand out of the blue, sir. This behavior reflects poorly on your professionalism and may affect your future deals," the manager pleaded, attempting to reason with Mr. Guwda.

Mr. Guwda responded with a sneer, a crooked smile forming on his face. "Oh? And what about your CEO? Not showing up for the biggest deal your company has ever handled. Is that professional, Mr. John? Your company's handling of this situation reveals your lack of professionalism when dealing with customers. I demand the full amount I asked for this land, and if that doesn't suit you, you can leave the room," he retorted, gesturing dismissively towards the door.

In that tense moment, the office door swung open, revealing Siddharth Aryan in all his glory. A serene expression adorned his face, and a smile rested in his vibrant, black eyes. Though alluring, there was a hint of something darker and more dangerous lurking behind them.

Confidently, Siddharth strode into the room and took a seat across from Mr. Guwda, casually crossing one leg over the other.

"That won't be necessary, Mr. Guwda, because the deal will proceed according to Aryan's terms, and you will sign it with your own hands," Siddharth stated, maintaining a smile on his face.

Mr. Guwda, still wearing a scornful smile, challenged him, "And how do you plan to achieve that, Mr. Siddharth Aryan? Give me one good reason to sign the deal."

Leaning closer, Siddharth placed his knee on the table, the smile never leaving his face.

"Mr. Guwda, did you know that there's a 1000-acre plot of land near the upcoming new airport that the government distributed to the poor three months ago? During my investigation of this deal, I stumbled upon something quite interesting. Construction work is currently underway on the land designated for the poor, intended for a large integrated township. I'm curious to know how such development is possible. Should I take this matter to the authorities, or would you care to enlighten me?" Siddharth concluded, widening his smile.

Mr. Guwda's demeanor started to shift, his nervousness becoming apparent. He hastily grabbed the glass of water in front of him and gulped it down. "The deal is on," he finally conceded.

"Ah, Mr. Guwda, I had complete faith that you would recognize the best deal available to you. Congratulations. Now, let me call the representatives in so we can finalize the deal promptly," Siddharth said, gesturing to the relieved manager to bring in the representatives. Mr. Guwda gritted his teeth in frustration.

After successfully closing the deal, Siddharth accompanied the representatives to the hotel. Following a satisfying dinner, they bid each other farewell.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Siddharth settled into his car. With an eight-hour journey ahead of him to Mumbai, he instructed the driver to play some light music and reclined his head on the headrest, closing his eyes. Soon, sleep enveloped him.

The car abruptly came to a halt, jolting Siddharth awake. The driver stepped out to investigate the issue and returned with unfortunate news-a punctured tire. He explained that they lacked a spare and suggested waiting until morning to have it repaired. Irritated and fatigued, Siddharth made up his mind to seek refuge at a nearby motel.

Bounding through the rain, he reached the motel, his clothes drenched. Inside, he called out to the empty reception area, and a yawning old man in his 60s emerged from an adjoining room.

Siddharth checked in and awaited the arrival of the room attendant to guide him to his accommodations. In the distance, he could hear the distant sound of passing trains. Finally, a groggy young boy in his early teens emerged from the same room and led Siddharth to his designated lodging.

Once inside, the boy placed a jug of water and a glass on the table before departing. Siddharth locked the door behind him and took a moment to survey the room. It may not have been as luxurious as he was accustomed to, but it proved satisfactory, featuring a queen-size bed, a corner table with a chair, a dressing table complete with a mirror, and an LCD TV mounted on the wall facing the bed.

Releasing a sigh, Siddharth headed to the bathroom, shedding his wet clothes and indulging in a warm bath. He wrapped a towel around his waist upon exiting and glanced at his wet clothes, hoping they would dry overnight. Finally, he settled onto the bed, checking his phone for the time-it was already 1:00 am. Setting his alarm for 5:00 am, he closed his eyes, ready to embrace much-needed sleep.

Startled by a series of loud banging sounds, Siddharth awoke from a deep slumber, his senses jolted to life. Rubbing his drowsy eyes, he glanced at the digital clock on his bedside table, its bright display revealing the unforgiving hour of 3:30 am. Fatigue clung to his body, and his mind struggled to comprehend the reason behind the commotion that had disturbed his peaceful sleep.

Curiosity mingled with irritation as Siddharth's sleep-addled mind tried to piece together the puzzle. He remembered the car, the one he had taken to the workshop for repairs, the one that had caused him countless headaches with its persistent malfunctions. Could it be that the car was now ready for pickup? The thought brought a glimmer of hope that this late-night disturbance might have a purpose.

With a groan, Siddharth reluctantly pushed back the covers and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. Weariness weighed him down, making each step towards the door a Herculean effort. As he reached for the doorknob, anticipation and impatience mingled within him. Would this be the end of his car troubles? The prospect of a smooth ride and the return of his much-needed convenience propelled him forward.

With a sigh, Siddharth turned the doorknob and pulled the door open, ready to confront the situation head-on. But what he encountered caught him completely off guard. An unexpected force collided with him, an impact that caused him to lose his balance and sent him tumbling to the floor in a tangle of limbs. Disoriented and slightly dazed, Siddharth blinked in confusion, trying to make sense of the situation.

As his vision cleared, he found himself face to face with a panting girl, her presence both surprising and captivating. Her disheveled appearance hinted at a hurried and agitated state, her chest rising and falling with each breath. In the dim light of the hallway, Siddharth couldn't help but be captivated by her presence, a mixture of curiosity and annoyance now replaced by a newfound intrigue.

His initial annoyance melted away, replaced by a growing curiosity and concern for the mysterious girl before him. He found himself drawn to her disheveled beauty, her tousled hair and flushed cheeks reflecting the urgency that had brought her crashing into his life. It was as if fate had orchestrated this unexpected encounter, intertwining their paths in the dead of night.

For a moment, Siddharth forgot the time, the car, and all his previous frustrations. The world around him seemed to fade into the background, leaving only him and the enigmatic girl in this singular moment. There was something in her eyes, a mixture of panic and vulnerability, that tugged at his heartstrings and awakened his empathy.

In that moment, the world seemed to pause, time held captive by their shared connection. Siddharth couldn't explain it, but something about this unexpected encounter ignited a spark within him, a spark that promised a journey of unforeseen possibilities and a connection that transcended the mundane. Little did he know that this chance collision would become the catalyst for a remarkable chapter in both their lives, a chapter filled with love, growth, and the unraveling of secrets hidden in the depths of the night.