Chapter 52

Burning Fury

(Vedant)

(10 years ago)

The party was in full swing with lively music filling the air. Our house and garden were adorned with vibrant party lights, creating a festive atmosphere. My dad had always been fond of celebrating every occasion, and when it came to his son's birthday, he spared no effort in making it grand. The joyous atmosphere was contagious as laughter and smiles filled the faces of everyone present.

Sid and his friends were the life of the party, dominating the dance floor set in the middle of our beautifully decorated garden. Children ran around with boundless energy, chasing bubbles that floated in the air, while colorful balloons scattered across the ground among the discarded wrapping paper. A stack of unopened presents sat in the corner of the stage, wrapped meticulously in shiny, smooth paper. Each gift had a neatly tied silk bow, adding an extra touch of elegance.

Amidst the festivities, I glanced at Sid, who was donning the new blue suit I had gifted him earlier in the day. Despite our 7-year age gap, our bond remained strong. I still vividly remembered cradling him in my tiny hands when he was born, and the overwhelming joy that filled my heart. The memory brought a smile to my face.

I looked around and noticed my father engrossed in conversation with his friends, while my mother was nowhere to be seen. She was probably enjoying a chat with her friends, engrossed in their lively gossip. Though she could be demanding and occasionally a bit rude, we loved her for who she was. With a hint of amusement, I made my way towards my father.

It had only been 6 months since I joined my father's office after returning from the US, and he was pleased with my decision. As I approached him, he noticed my presence and warmly called out, pulling me into a side hug. He introduced me to his friends and colleagues, and I greeted them with handshakes, answering their questions courteously.

"Hey, son. I forgot to bring down Sid's gift earlier. Could you do me a favor and fetch it from my room upstairs?" my father asked, pointing towards our house. "Of course, Dad," I replied, turning around. "By the way, I made sure not to spoil the surprise. Did you accidentally let it slip?" he inquired, frowning playfully. I chuckled and reassured him, "No, Dad, I didn't say a word. I know how much you value surprises." He nodded appreciatively, a smile adorning his face. With that, I made my way towards our house, leaving the lively garden behind. Upon entering, I switched off the television in the living room and ascended the stairs to the master bedroom, where the awaited gift patiently waited.

I approached the door of the master bedroom when I heard muffled sounds, a mix of moans and low screams, emanating from within. My footsteps faltered, and I came to a sudden halt right in front of the room. My heart raced with a sense of foreboding, an instinctual knowing that something was terribly wrong. I stood there, my hand trembling as it hovered near the doorknob, my mind grappling with the growing dread.

The noises grew louder, piercing through the thick silence that had enveloped the house. Each moan, each desperate plea seemed to echo in my ears, shredding the fragile veil of innocence I had clung to. Hesitantly, as if caught between curiosity and a dread-filled reluctance, I turned the doorknob and pushed the door open ever so slowly, revealing a sight that would forever scar my soul.

Time seemed to stand still as the scene unfolded before my eyes, etching itself into my memory with cruel precision. My mother and Nakul Varma, my father's best friend, lay entwined on my parents' bed, their bodies bare, stripped of any pretense or decency. Clothes lay scattered across the room, discarded remnants of the facade they had abandoned. Their bodies moved in a dance of intimate betrayal, their connection fueled by an insatiable desire that should have been reserved for my parents alone.