3

| february 5th, 1996 |
Monday

School was finally over.

Everyone was running out to the parking lot or loading on the buses that were pulled around the front.

Sorn met me at the locker and told me not to forget about the party this weekend.

I told her I'll see what my plans are and I'll let her know this Friday.

When the bell rung, I looked around for Sana in the hallways but didn't see her anywhere. I figured she already left or was waiting on the buses.

I walked out to the parking lot then saw Sana standing near the gate that leads to the entrance of the building. I stopped when I walked out then looked over at her.

"Hey."

She looks up from her book that she was reading, then slightly smiles. "Hey, Tzuyu."

I looked around before looking back at her. "You waiting on someone?"

"On my bus, yes."

Nodding, I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my jeans. "Do you need a ride home?"

"I can ride the bus."

"Ok." I smile. "I was just offering."

I started walking off until she calls my name. I turn around as she was walking towards me. "I'll accept your offer." She slightly smiled as she was holding her book bag.

Nodding, I smiled before we both started walking towards my car. I unlocked it before watching her walk around to the passenger side and we both got in at the same time.

Leaving the parking lot, I look over at Sana for a moment until she looks at me. "I live down Peddler rd. Do you know where that's at?"

"Yeah." I nod, looking at the road. "I'm familiar with every road in this town. como un montón"

(como un montón means like a whole lot)

She smiles then nods, looking out the window after a few moments.

The silence was getting to me so I turned up the radio and looked through the stations. I heard that song by the Rosalia again, then quickly changed it as I was trying to find something else.

"What's your favorite genre?" I look over at Sana.

She looks at me then shrugs. "I'm a fan of everything. Besides rap and rnb. I like some country but pop is mostly what I prefer." I nod as I kept messing with the radio. "What about you?"

"Probably pop or rock." I look over at her as she smiled then looked out the window.

A few more moments passed until I finally settled on a song that was just coming on. It was Out of my system by Youngr

Sana looks over at me. "I love this song."

Looking over at her, I smiled as I turned the radio volume up a little more as I was driving. I kept looking over at Sana then back at the road and this went on for the rest of the time as I was driving to her house.

As I was driving, I heard her slightly singing to the song. I looked over at her and watched her for a moment until I looked back at the road and smiled.

As we got onto the road, she points at a house that came into view and I parked on the side. I watch as she unbuckled her seat belt then looked over at me as she was grabbing her book bag from the floorboard.

"Thanks, Tzuyu."

"No problem." I watch as she got out then waved at me as she shut the door. I kept watching her as she walked up the driveway towards her house, which was a two-story and it had nice cars in the front yard.