4

| february 6th, 1996 |
Tuesday

"Hi, Tzuyu." Sana smiles as she sat down next to me in class. I smiled at her as I watched her place her notebook on the desk then moved her chair up a little closer.

I look towards the front as the teacher was writing something on the board, getting ready to start the assignment for today.

"Did you finish the homework from yesterday?"

Looking over at Sana, she was looking at me and I nod. "Yeah, finally." I watch as she smiles and that made me smile before the teacher grabbed my attention.

"I like your bracelet."

I look over at Sana before looking down at my wrist, which had a bracelet around it and she happened to point it out. I remember I got this bracelet a few years back from one of those bubble gum machines.

"Thanks." I smile at her as she returned it.

As the teacher was explaining what we needed to do today, she walked around and collected our homework from yesterday. I held mine out as she walked around and grabbed it then went around the rest of the room to grab the others.

"Ok, class. I want you all to get into groups. It could be up to four people but no less than two." She looks around the room. "Cause one person is not a group."

I look over at Sana until her eyes met mine. She slightly smiled. "Sure, I'll be in your group."

"I didn't say anything."

She smiles then shrugs. "I knew what you were going to ask."

As the teacher explained what we had to do, Sana and I got to work. We had our chairs moved closer together and one textbook out as we were both looking through it.

The class period went on until the bell rung. We finished our assignment then turned it into the teacher on the way out the door. She seemed a little surprised and kept her eyes mostly on me, but she dismissed us and we left.

"Thanks for being my partner." I said once we walked to the lockers. I watched as she placed her book in before grabbing another one then looking over at me.

"No problem." She smiled. "See you at lunch?"

I nod as I stuffed my hands in my pockets. "Yeah."

"Bye, Tzuyu." She walks around me then down the hall. I continue to watch her until I grabbed my other textbook from my locker and walked to my next class.

-

"You got any money?" Sorn asks as we were walking out of the restaurant. I look over at her then shook my head as I knew that, as of right now, I didn't have money.

Sometimes Elkie gives me money for lunch or anything else I might need but she didn't this morning. I don't ask for money. She sometimes hands it out to me and tells me not to spend it on useless stuff.

"There's a job opening down there at the Cafe. Everyone hangs out around there. We should totally get jobs as waitresses."

"A job?" I thought about it but really didn't want to.

She stops before we reached her jeep. "Tzuyu, think about it. We could make our own money. We wouldn't have to keep borrowing money and if we save it, then we could get our own place by the time we get out of school."

I kept looking at her, knowing she was completely serious about getting a job. I, myself, wasn't sure about it cause I didn't like the idea of working.