40

| september 15th, 2006 |
| Friday |

"I'm so ready." Sana said as we were walking in the building hand in hand. I couldn't help but smile as she was smiling, looking up at the huge building in front of us.

We left the house and came over here to the city for my appointment. It was a little nerve-wracking but I knew that I was closer to finding out.

Finally time to find out the gender.

I had to drink a ton of water on the way here and my bladder was about to burst. Every little movement was getting harder and I felt like I was going to pee on myself.

It was hard driving in the traffic, having pee in my bladder and constantly having to honk my horn at idiot drivers.

Sana insisted on driving, but I wanted to drive. I couldn't stay in the passenger seat and not want to pee myself.

After we did all the sign in paperwork, well mostly me, we were sitting in the waiting room. I looked around at the other pregnant women and saw how they were all calm about this.

Probably not their first time.

Sana was holding my hand as she was flipping through a magazine she grabbed from the table next to us. I saw her looking at a baby magazine and looking at all the information about having your first child.

Seeing her happy about all of this was definitely a relief. I was happy that she was happy.

I looked away as I decided to look around. I looked up and saw how the ceiling was pretty cool. It had a lot of windows that were towering over us, letting in more light as there were only a few actual lights hanging from the ceiling.

As I was looking around, I felt my hand being squeezed then looked over and saw Sana smiling at me. I saw her eyes glance up for a moment before looking back at me, as if she was amused that I was checking out the ceiling.

Not my fault I'd rather look at the ceiling then read magazines.

Unless it was something about cars or bikes.

I wasn't interested in anything else.

But I knew Sana was going to be the type that would buy a lot of baby magazines, making me look at them and testing my mother knowledge on it.

She's already been asking me if I knew how to change a diaper.

It was going to be tough once our baby got here.

Knowing Sana was going to be the one wearing the pants.

But I wouldn't change it for the world.

After the minutes went by, one by one the women got called back by the woman that came to get them. I sighed as I slouched in the chair some more, waiting for my turn.

I was getting anxious.

Sana must have seen how I was getting, cause she lifted our hands up and kissed the back of my hand. I smiled at her as she was smiling back at me then my name was being called.

We got up and followed the woman through the door, down a hall and into a room. She instructed me on what I needed to do, as far as put a gown on and get ready.

After everything was done, I was laying on the bed as she was looking at a screen. She already put the gel on my stomach, then was moving the transducer around and I could see the images on the screen.

"There's your baby." She smiles, pointing at the screen.

I felt Sana's hand tighten on mine as she was holding my hand the whole time.

"Very healthy. Very active." She smiles over at me then moves it around some more. "Let's see if we can find the gender."

Looking at the screen, I wasn't sure what I was even looking at. It was all weird to me and all I could see was a lot of grey and maybe a few blobs here and there.

The woman was still looking at the screen and I was watching her the whole time, waiting for her to say something.

She smiles then looks at me and Sana. "Congratulations."

"You're having a girl."

I felt Sana squeeze my hand then pull my face towards her and kiss me. I smiled against her lips then saw her wipe her eyes as she leans back.

"We wanted a girl." Sana smiles.

The woman smiles then wipes the gel from my stomach. "You have a very healthy baby girl. She's very active. Congratulations."

After that, I could finally go empty my bladder. I had to pee so bad and holding it it was a lot harder than I thought.

When we left from there, I could tell how happy Sana was. She couldn't stop smiling and talking about our baby girl. She was making me happy cause she was happy.

"Eighteen more weeks, baby." She held my hand, looking at me with so much love in her eyes. "Our baby girl will be here."

Smiling at her, I look back at the road as we were heading home. I wanted to lay down and relax cause my back has been killing me lately, carrying this weight our baby girl is giving me.

When we got home, I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I leaned my head back and sighed as I closed my eyes, trying to get my back to stop hurting.

As I was sitting there, I felt Sana place her hands on my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked up at her as she was smiling down at me. I saw her lean down before pressing her lips against mine, making me smile at her.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smile as she pecked my lips before walking out of the living room. "I'm making you something to eat!"

Smiling, I leaned my head up then grabbed the remote to the tv and turned it on. I looked through the channels before coming across the cooking show and decided to watch that for a little.

I got bored with that in less than five minutes, so I changed it and saw the news but instantly changed it. I sighed as there wasn't anything to watch so I just randomly went through the channels with nothing to watch.

Sana came back in the living room a few minutes later and had a bowl in her hands. She sat down next to me before handing me a bowl, which was brownie and ice cream.

"Thanks." I smiled as I grabbed the bowl and took a bite, looking at the tv as whatever was on was a little interesting.

Sana cuddled up to me when I got done eating. I sat the bowl on the table in front of the couch then wrapped my arm around her, snuggling up against her as we watched tv.

I looked around the living room and smiled at how amazing everything was. I don't think I'd ever get over at how perfect life was at the moment and it was only going to get better.