19

| february 27th, 1996 |
| Monday |

Monday morning came and I arrived to school a little earlier so I could see Sana. I wanted to make sure that we had a little alone time before classes started and the only way to do that was to get here early.

I waited at the lockers for her, looking at the door as the buses just dropped off some kids. I kept waiting until I saw her walk in, smiling as I looked at her.

When she saw me, she smiled then walked towards me. "Tzuyu, you're here early."

"I wanted to see you."

She smiled and it made me smile. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked around then back at me. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I smiled, then remembered what her mom said to me that night. "Um, did your mom say anything when I dropped you off?"

She shrugs then leans on the lockers. "She said she didn't want me hanging around you anymore. Said you were a bad influence."

"She told me the same thing." I said, leaning against the lockers next to her.

"Don't listen to her, Tzuyu. She can't tell me what to do in school."

I nod. "Yeah but what about out of school? We can't be together?"

She looked around then back at me. "We'll figure out a way." She smiled. "I promise." She held her pinky out and I wrapped mine around hers.

I smiled then saw her eyes land on something past me. I turn to see Seungyeon walking towards me with a black eye.

"Glad to see you came to school." I smiled.

She looked at me with her nostrils flared then her eyes landed on Sana. "What did I say, Tzuyu? You mess with me.. I mess with your little girlfriend."

"I'm not scared of anything you say, Seungyeon."

"You should be. Your life is over, Tzuyu Chou. Over!" She yelled then walked away.

Shaking my head, I turned towards Sana as she was standing there. "You.. did that to her?"

"I went to her party Friday night.. after I dropped you off. I was looking for Sorn. Seungyeon was a talking trash, so I hit her."

"I thought you said you weren't going to that party?"

I shrugged. "My cousin wanted me out of the house. I had nothing else to do. I went there looking for Sorn but Seungyeon started her crap."

She kept looking at me. "What did she mean by.. messing with me?"

Shrugging, I leaned against the locker. "I don't know but Seungyeon wouldn't do anything. She's all talk."

I could see the look of terror on her face as she was looking around, panicking. "How do you know she's not going to do anything, Tzuyu?"

"I've known her for years." I watch her for a moment before leaning off the locker and walking towards her. "Sana-"

She stepped back. "Don't. I gotta go."

Grabbing her arm, I pull her back. "Sana, it's ok. She's not going to do anything. Don't leave school again."

She looked at me before looking around. I released my arm and stepped back as I watched her. "I'm scared she'll do something, Tzuyu."

"She won't."

"Pinky promise?" She held out her pinky.

I smiled as I wrapped my pinky around her. "I pinky promise. If she does, I'll knock her out again."